Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Shopping Day, Wet Day

Before I went out today, I thought it was going to be nice.  But by the time I had gotten my money transferred, the trolley ready and my shoes on, it was chilly, clouded over and looked like rain.  Wonderful; and I didn't have a good umbrella.  So, I took the farty little one I had in the trolley hoping the wasn't going to be too bad.
I was wrong about that.  Each time I stepped outside a store, it was raining and I had to go out into the rain to get from point A to point B.  So, once I had gotten wet getting to the pet shop, I thought to buy a new umbrella... something that would keep the rain off not only me, but the trolley and my bag too.  So, I went to the Asian store nearby and picked out a really lovely brolly and found out too late that their card machine was out of order; and they only took cash.  So, I had to put the umbrella back and put up with my crappy umbrella outside again.
I ended up with a nice umbrella for around $10 that had two coverings.  One was a black outside covering and the underside was all rainbow coloured.  Very pretty.  I was happy about it and thought it was better than the little broken one I've had since I was in school.  Anyway, the reasons why I replaced it are simple.  I am sick of the old one playing up.  It won't open when I need it to; it'll stick when I press the button and it's pouring rain and I don't have a free hand to make it work.  Then, there's the times it won't close properly.  I've lost count of the times this purple monstrosity won't close over the two clips that are needed so it doesn't fly open by accident while I'm inside... or better still, I'd have wrapped it up and put it away and the handle will suddenly fly up and open on its own.  The old one is dangerous... so I got rid of it in a bin outside Woolworths; simply because I don't think even the poor would want it, because I don't.
Anyway, the new umbrella worked a treat!  While I had it open, my trolley didn't get wet, nor did my handbag or any of me... wonderful!  And I love the colours inside it; and how they peep out the edges of the brolly.
By the time I got home, the sun was shining as though it in spite of me.  Well, tomorrow, I'll be out again to do the beginning of my Christmas Shopping.  I've got Christmas cards to purchase, money to pull out of the bank and then there's other money to look at transferring next week for my big Christmas Shopping Day for December... the one big shop for everyone where I go into Garden City for one day only and never go there again over Christmas - for anything or anyone... not even Dad on his ritual of last minute shopping on Christmas Eve.  The only way I'd go shopping again is for groceries; and even then, it's only fortnightly.  Until my next post, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment