Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Fixings Around the House

For the last few months, I've been getting knocking in the pipes.  Actually, since my new neighbours moved in, and they got their plumbing fixed, my pipes have been knocking.  And last Saturday, when they began their laundry at 4:50am, I was woken up by the water being switched on to fill their machine, I was down right sick of it and confronted them about it.  Now, the last time I did, I was polite and nice about it and they handed my head back to me on a platter.  So, this time I was a little more direct and forceful; something Dad thought was wrong until I told them how they treated me last time.  But this wasn't to last too long... the knocking of the pipes, not the neighbours.
On Saturday, Dad and I went off to Bunnings and bought some steel and took off to his place where he drilled some holes into it. Then, the next day, we were out again to Bunnings and bought more stuff and got the rest of the bolts and washers and others bits we needed for the clothes line to be replaced at my place.  You see, last week, my line broke.  So, Dad thought to replace the whole thing seeing it wasn't the best thing around.   It was a long day of work out in the sun.  He found a few things about my place.  It was nice and quiet and the trees were nice too in the afternoon.  Dad told me that I really did have a nice little place after all these years.  I agreed; especially when my first landlords asked me to move out when they wanted to sell and we couldn't find another place around Logan that was as good as this one.  
All day Sunday, the pipes knocked and didn't keep quiet for any good length of time.  Then, Dad fixed the tap in the laundry and we opened up the faucets in all the wet areas to let the air out of the pipes.  So far it's worked.  However, once in a while the pipes will knock late a night since then; and when I told Dad, he said he'd get a plumber in to look at it all.  Otherwise, he thinks something's badly wrong with how it's going.
Last night, the possums thought the clothes lines was fun.  It moved enough for them and when I looked out this morning, I realised it won't hold the weight of anything until I get the bolts tightened up completely by Dad.  So, I still can't do any laundry for a little while.  Otherwise, it's a good-looking line and will keep everything off the ground once it's tightened up properly.  

Today, I'm feeling the affects of going to the doctors yesterday.  I've taken some antibiotics and have had to keep eating to keep the nausea away.  And he also syringed my right ear of wax; but I've still got water in it.  So, I'll be getting some swim-ear stuff to get that out as all I'm hearing right now is swooshing in my ear and it feels like I've got cotton wool in my right ear.  Not fun.  Mum and I are going today to get chook food today for Gabe and Kat's chickens; so we'll get the swim-ear stuff and put it in to clear my ear out.
Well, was my weekend.  Until my next post, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment