Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Busy Morning

Wow!  This morning started out okay; and then got busy really quickly.  I had a lovely hot shower and washed my hair and then went downstairs to see Stevie had a new fashioned statement of keeping her left eye closed.  However, it wasn't until I noticed that she hadn't been anywhere near her seed that she actually couldn't see it.  So, I found I was feeding her breakfast after I ate mine.  At this point I called the vet and they told me to wash her eye with saline; however, I didn't have any and had to walk to the chemist to get a few vials of it and a small syringe.  
After I checked the mail and bought some milk, I came home and had the fiddly task of getting some of the saline into Stevie's eye.  She hated me doing it.  Now, though, she's opening her eye more than it was being opened this morning.  And I've moved her food so she can find it; also she's been blowing me more kisses than earlier this morning.  She's such a sweet little thing; she knows I'd never hurt her and it's good that she has such trust in me to do whatever it takes to keep her well.

Right now, it's past 11am and the heavens have just opened up.  I'm so thankful I decided not to do the laundry today as it did look like rain this morning; I just didn't know when it was going to.  And while I was out and about at the chemist we had a few showers (fortunately, I took my large umbrella with me).
This afternoon, I've got the piano tuner coming to finish fixing my 'Victor' piano.  Martin has been wonderful about this instrument; in fact, he's enjoyed doing the work on it.  From the moment he saw how old it was, he offered to tune it every year for me.  And seeing I had done my homework on the piano tuners, I agreed to take him on as a tuner.  He's great at his work too.  
Yesterday, Mum dropped me home and she heard the work that Martin had done and was impressed.  She said the 'Victor' sounded like it did when Grandma and Grandpa first bought it.  But she told me that they stopped getting it tuned because Grandma thought the tuners were doing it wrong.  So, that's why she told me to not waste my money; not because she didn't think it would hold a tuning.  It's such a pity Grandma played an out of tune piano for such a long time.
Today, though, I have some work to do before he arrives.  The place is a bit of a mess and it needs tidying up... yep, I've been a little bit lazy lately.  But with the rain about, I'm sure I'll get in and get it all done before he arrives.

Well, wish me luck with Stevie, the house and everything else.  I'll keep you posted about it all.

2 comments:

  1. Getting eye drops into a dog's eye is very difficult. Our family dog has to have medicated drops regularly... it's so hard. She's very squirmy, and doesn't like people touching her face. Maybe she's not as trusting of us as your dog is of you... or she's just too energetic to hold still long enough for the drops, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Miss Stevie is my sweet budgie; I should have said more about her in the beginning. :S oops. Oh well. Either way, she was really hard to hold onto because once she saw I was doing something with a syringe and something that looked medical, well, she didn't want a bar of it! But when I need to do something that's going to help her no matter how much she bites, I'll do it.

    And yes, I was covered in saline by the time I did get her eye flushed. Now, it's the next day, her eye is a lot clearer and she's much more chipper.
    Actually, when the piano tuner came around yesterday afternoon, she had the balls the flirt with him. :D

    ReplyDelete