Saturday, April 24, 2010

Long Wet Weekend

What has started out to be a nice sunny weekend to do my towels, has turned into an annoyingly wet one.  It's around 3pm Saturday afternoon and my bathroom towels are now out on the clothes line wet with the rain - which is getting heavier - and I have nowhere for them to go to dry them off.  This is a big problem.  Now a few of you will say to put them in the dryer.  But you see, they've gone beyond being damp and the dryer isn't to be trusted.  Yep, it's that old and broken I just don't trust the stupid thing.  The timer on is busted, the lint collector around the back near where the lead comes out is blocked and the whole thing is a fire hazard.  I haven't turned it on at the wall in about 6 months; relying instead on the sunny days that have been coming and going during our steamy hot Summer.

I've been busy today too.  I got off the net at around midday only to have to get back on it an hour and a half later.  I had forgotten to upload photos onto the 'Collectors' website of my other coin purses and weird and wonderful handbags.  Yes, I want to get onto the show and let people out there know there's dainty things to collect like these types of handbags and coin purses aren't a thing of the past; they are a work of art instead.  And I have over 100 coin purses and about 30 handbags.
I've also been doing a month of my dear little bird, Stevie; as this is the month 5 years ago that I got her.... um... him.  Yep, I bought a boy and he turned into a she in under a year and I had a bad-assed bird with an attitude problem.  So, there I was with my little bird who had a love-hate relationship with me.  And over the last two years, she's stopped pulling my ear-rings out, piercing my nose, lips, ears, eyebrows and eyelids (yes, the last one is very dangerous and does hurt a lot!) and has become very affectionate towards me.  But she's become a very jealous little bird when another person comes towards me.  Well, I guess I can't have the best of both worlds.
Tonight, my brother's band is playing in West End.  I've been invited, but I feel uncomfortable going into the city at night.  I get all turned around and confused. Often I have gotten lost because I don't drive anymore and my inner compass is put out at night.  But during the day, I'm fine.  I can go anywhere in the daytime and I'll find my way back to where we were before the sun goes down.  Kinda silly, eh?  Or does that happen to everyone?
Well, I've gotta go.  There's still my laundry to fold and put away, some knitting of scarves to get into for the Marter Children's Hospital and other things I've promised myself to do... and I've yet to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment