Sunday, April 18, 2010

Crazy Saturday

I had to  go out yesterday and get a few things done at Garden City.  And it began being one of those days right from the get-go.  As soon as I had a shower and the pipes began to hammer, I knew it was going to be a weird old day; and they didn't stop hammering right up and after I left the house to catch the bus.
And once at the bus, I realised one thing:  I had forgotten my mobile phone.  Oh well, nobody called me while I was out anyway, so I didn't go back and get it.  Instead, the bus was 20 minutes late and all 5 of us who were waiting to catch did and I went did my stuff at Garden City.
The banking was first.  I got out the money for the piano tuner and some other money to spend for the day. I did a bad thing and walked straight to QBD and checked out their bargain boxes (bad, bad, bad thing to do when I've already got about 500 books at home).  I ended up buying two books from them. 
Then, I walked along Logan Road to where I thought was a charity store; but it must have moved.  So I walked back to shopping complex and went Oxfam where I bought a pill box and a coin purse.  It was then I remembered I needed a canvas to do a collage on and so I went to a cheap art place and bought one and dropped in Sam's Warehouse across the way from it and bought a few things I needed from there.  By this time, it was heading towards midday and I thought a coffee was called for.  So, I went to the nearest Gloria Jeans and bought a de-caf ice coffee (scoring myself an upgrade when I got their riddle correct) and the most horrible thing happened!  I was struggling with the lid when the whole container slipped on the counter and it tipped over tipping coffee everywhere!  It slopped all down the side of the counter, onto the floor, my shoes, my bag, inside my bag and splattered onto another lady standing nearby... OMG!  I just couldn't believe I could have dropped something like this!  I think half the food court heard me say:  'Shit!' and I apologised profusely to the lady and tried to clean up some of the spilled coffee... but the people at Gloria Jeans told me that the cleaner was on his way.
Well, he turned out to be the nicest person.  He said it happens sometimes; but I said it was the first time I had ever dropped anything like this.  He looked at me smiling saying: 'Well, a first time for everything.'  Within minutes the coffee was cleaned up, the counter looked like I had never spilt the coffee and Gloria Jeans had provided me with a free coffee... they were so nice about it.  But the people who were waiting for their coffees stayed well away from me in case I dropped it on them; and personally I don't blame them.  I would've done the same.
When I got home, I found milk all through my carry bag, in the plastic bag that had my soap-on-tap and it dotted my two books I had bought at QBD... bummer!  Why didn't it get my canvas?  At lease I know it would have been coated in paper and other glues in the end.
Yes, my crazy Saturday turned out to be an okay one I guess.  I did get home just on lunch time and I enjoyed my day more than I thought I would.  However, it felt more like a Friday and by around 5pm, I almost put on the television to watch MASH... oops... I guess I was a day behind as well feeling like the day was a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment