Monday, April 12, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

Hey, I had another Sunday afternoon out.  It began around midday when I had lunch at my Mum and Dad's place it was a great spread of fresh food and wraps.  Yummo!  Then, Uncle Allan showed up and gave my brother an old film camera that somebody was throwing out and Gabe took it off his hands; after all it still worked. 
Not long after that, Gabe and Kat had to make tracks to West End for two gigs and so we go to take care of Riley for a few hours.  After we said goodbye to them, Riley and I hit the net and I uploaded the photos from Nick's 30th birthday party on to Mum's computer (there were some of Riley on my camera I thought Mum would like).  And Riley joined 365project and we ran around taking photos of the back yard and my car and trees, plants and the ground.  It was really cool... and she uploaded her first photo on to the calendar and then got Mum and I to follow her.  Very cool.  
Too soon, we had to take her to her Grandmother's house near the Gateway Bridge.  And that went well.  Riley and I talked about the French Horn and tried to figure out what what she had to do with some notes; and she got a little frustrated about it... saying I didn't understand.  I tried to understand what she was getting at, but she insisted that I wasn't getting the meaning. Oh, well, never mind.  
Then, we made an unplanned (well to me this was) trip into West End to see Gabe's band.  It was playing in two venues on Boundary Street and so when we got to them, they had established themselves at the second venue.  And it was cool.  I hadn't been this far into West End ever.  I found this area very funky and
full of culture, music and outsider art; and my camera was working overtime.  Once inside the pub, I took a few photos of 'The Spruce Moose' and they played a few great pieces before taking a break.  Gabe
saw me sitting there and waved and he when the break came up, he was so happy that I could make it.  I said they sounded great!  And just this morning, I sent him the photos I took to his workplace.  I hope they made it through.
Well, I got home at around 6pm (as I had forgotten my medication and wished I had taken it with me by the time we got to West End).  And as the night wore on, it got hotter and hotter... but my Sunday afternoon was a lot of fun.  So, what did you get up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment