Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Hawks Won!

I had a great day yesterday.  I worked on here in the morning, did some writing and editing and then watched the AFL game on the television between the Hawthorne Hawks and Brisbane Lions at the Aurora Stadium in Launceston, Tasmania.  What a game!  In the first 30 minutes, the Hawks were ahead by around 30 point or so and the Lions hadn't scored yet; actually they were flat out getting their hands on the ball.  Over the next three hours, the Hawks were ahead of the Lions the whole time by around 20 points the whole time!  It was amazing!  I loved it.  And next week, they'll be playing St Kilda.
During half time I was practicing the piano a bit - as I hadn't played it all week - and I thought to try and play it this week every day.  You see, I've been back into my writing again.  And so, my creativeness has come back.  I've found that I'm sleeping better too.  So, as the weeks have passed lately, my writing and artwork has been going well; and so has the piano.

Late yesterday afternoon, Mum and Dad arrived home from the north coast.  And they invited me to go into West End to see my brother's band play.  So, I said I'd think about it.  Then, I realised how boring my Saturday nights have been getting; and thought to take them up on the offer.  So, after making my dinner and running around to get changed, I was ready.  We made it in there just on time (and had a little trouble finding a parking spot because it was a Saturday night).  And my brother played at 'The Music Cafe' on Boundary Street with his band 'The Spruce Moose'.  We caught the end of the first set and the whole of the second set; and they finished just before 9pm. 
It was great to get out and see him play in a cool little place like this one; it's got a better set-up than 'The Boundary' (which is a few doors down) and it's got better seating and sells meals as well as drinks.  The place has a lovely atmosphere too; with its red and black decor and very laid-back feel to the place.  There's a pool room out the back and a few lounges spread throughout for those who like to kick back more to listen to their live music.
It was cold when we left the Music Cafe and we had a little way to walk to get to the Kombi.  My niece was there too to listen to her Dad play.  He let her get an ice cream up the
road and I accompanied her while she bought it.  I then told her about a 'Mary-Kate and Ashley' short-handled bag I had bought for her at a Life Line which I had clean forgotten to bring with me to give her.  Well, Riley was amazed I had found one; and asked if their faces were on it.  I said no, but it was very pretty and had pockets and flowers on it.  She's looking forward to seeing it the next time we meet up again.  Otherwise, here's what it looks like. I know I said it looked like her corduroy jacket, but I was mistaken; and it's made from suede.  Very nice and pretty on the inside too.
Well, when I arrived home, I wasn't tired, so I put on one of the dvds I had paid off last pay called 'The Lost Boys: The Tribe'.  It's the next installment of this cult film.  Corey Feldman was in it and it's years on where he's lost his brother to vampirism and he's a lone Vampire Slayer; but he's moved on from the last town of vamps.  It was good and gross and had its funny parts in it.  I recognised some lines from the old movie classic in it but I guess they couldn't put killing off a vampire any other way than how they did before.  A good - yet gross - movie if not a little corny.  And now, I've just seen a preview of a 'Lost Boys 3 - The Thirst' which looked okay; but I get the feeling that they just showed us all the good parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment