Friday, July 23, 2010

Weekend Plans

Well, if this week isn't finally coming to an end!  And about time too!  I'm so happy about it... however there's so much housework to do, I thought to start on it today.  So, the Big Tidy-Up begins yet again!
 
This morning, I put on the laundry and watered some very thirsty plants; as it's been pretty dry lately (even though we had some rain a few nights back, it's not going to keep anything alive for long with this Winter being so dry and cold).  Then, I ate breakfast and started the washing up and then changed out Little
Miss Stevie's cage.  She happily climbing around the inside of the cage when I did that!  But still tried to drop a poo on me while I rolled up her old paper to throw away... cheeky little bird!
Once that was done, I wrapped up the whole rubbish bag and put it into the bin outside, then got ready to go and check the mail.  Once home from there (I got an invite to an art opening and had to buy some milk at the service station), I had to hang out the second load of laundry and put in the third load.  By this time, it was around 9:30 or so.  The sun was out and warm; but the back yard was in the shade and freezing.  So, I had to wear a jumper/jacket to hang out my wet laundry (hope and pray it didn't rain like they said it was going to last night; not even a little bit!).  Then, I came inside and made my drink and came upstairs.  Pretty soon, the third load of laundry had been finished and I went
downstairs to get it hung out when I saw a green bird in a the tree over the back fence.  So, I raced inside, upstairs and grabbed my camera and tried to photograph it.  Such a shy little thing!  I got some lovely photos of it hiding amongst the greenery and branches, then one of it's butt!  Shy?  Yeah, sure... it was being cheeky.  Once I got the laundry out (after it flew off), I checked in my bird book and found it had been marked there by me last year.  It's an Australian Green Figbird.  This one is a young female, but has the most lovely voice.  I was fortunate to have spotted it as they're very shy normally.
Well, today, I've still got some tidying up to do.  There's a list I made yesterday and last night that I need to get at least half of the jobs on it done.  So, seeing the laundry has been done, Stevie's cage has been tidied up and the rubbish up out, there's three jobs off the list done already.  That leaves a few others I have to do.
There's also my garden to fix up - now that the cooler weather has caused my plants to become dormant.  I have to repot a few plants and find homes for a couple of other ones that are all sharing pots together... not a good look for them.  And my Large Leaf Jade needs more soil in it seeing it's now massive and needs more room to move around.  
So, there's my plans for this weekend.  I hope I can get some of it done.  If not, well, next week will have to be it... before I paint the TSB across the road.  Wish me luck with that too.  It ought to be fun!  Well, until my next post, keep warm - or cool - whatever your case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment