Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Shopping Craziness!

There are some days I wonder why I go out at all; but then I remember the reason and realise that if I didn't, I'd regret it.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I had to go out, but I really didn't want to battle the crush of Garden City and all the shoppers, kids on School Holidays, children meeting Santa and me getting my Christmas shopping finished up.
The worse thing was that I had to bus it in and back; which made it even worse because that's the time-muncher.  Just waiting for buses and how long they take to get anywhere is draining; and yet a good majority of us do it every day.
Garden City was chock-a-block full of people!  The moment I got off the bus, I wanted to come home.  I don't like crowds; and never really have liked them for a while now.  However, Christmas shopping is something I normally get done before this time of the year... sometime at the end of November and withing the first week of December; it saves me being anywhere near too many people.
Anyway, I had my list of who to buy for and money in my pocket... I was a woman on a mission and I was hoping to get home before 2pm; before everyone began rushing to get home to make dinner.  I had something to buy for Gabe (my brother), Mum, Little Miss Stevie and I wanted to buy a major present for myself from Howard's Storage I saw in their catalogue; and maybe drool over a portable clothes horse while I'm there (you know something to buy for the new year).  
Well, all was going to plan until I ran out of money and had to get some more; which I did.  I then thought Riley might like some from Smiggle; and didn't spend too much there as it can get expensive in that kiosk!  But there's so many cool things there... and I know I could have gone overboard; but I bought something she'd need.  And it was then I remembered I had forgotten to buy my Nivia Day Cream... so I had to walk to the other end of Garden City again and then all the way back again.
By this time, I wanted a coffee; my brain was screaming for one.  My feet were bugging for me to sit down.  I found 'Gloria Jeans' and got myself an Ice Coffee and a seat and relaxed in the dull, drone of the coffee house.  I do love this place.  No matter how noisy it gets here; I do find a little piece of solitude in it.  I wrote out what I had bought for everyone and was pleased with my day out.  More than please, I was content.  This meant I didn't have to go out again until next week... and even then, it'll be for a top-up shop and that's it.
While I sat at my table in Gloria Jeans, I chatted with a lady who had her 3-year-old son and her 5 month old baby boy there.  She was taking a breather too; and she said that I looked tired from all my shopping.  I said that I'm pleased that I no longer have to go Christmas shopping.  It's been stressful and horrible because it's normally finished by now for me; but my money's been all over the place so I've had to split it into two trips instead.  
Once home, I put everything next to the tree and I headed upstairs to check the net.  I've been running my last bookbox surprise this Christmas; where I wrap up gifts of books, put them into an Express Post bag and send them off to lucky Bookcrosser... so far I have four people who want in.  And seeing they'll be wrapped in Christmas paper, it makes it all the more exciting.
I've also begun cleaning up the yard, sweeping out the carport, sorted out my Mt TBR and re-organised a part of my garden to look like what I want it to look like.  And so far, I'm pleased.  Now, all I need to do is save a bit of money and then go to Bunnings and get some stuff there (potting mix, plants, large pots and of the like) to make my back yard look lovely.  But I have been pulling out the long grass around the edges; and it looks great; and looks even better with the lawn mowed too.
Well, that's all from me so far.  I've had a morning of washing up, laundry and knocking pipes (again).  But I'm surviving; as usual.  Until my next post, take care and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment