Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas To You All!

It's been a busy, busy week of cleaning, shopping and getting my shit together.  But it has worked out in the end.  This week started out okay and orderly.  I had the shopping list in full swing and I was running around the house with a blue notepad and a pen writing down pretty much anything and everything I needed on it.  I had to finish up the knitted scarf I did for the K-Mart Wishing Tree and find the card for it to take in on the Wednesday and make sure I had enough money for the day; then catch the right bus too.
Tuesday was the day I was making sure I had all the laundry done; the day was lovely, with a cool breeze and the sun was out too.  It felt like Autumn had come around to dry our laundry and everyone was in getting as much on their clothes line as they could.  I even got some painting done that afternoon after I pulled out some long grass along the edges of my garden, mowed the lawn and had a nice hot shower and washed my hair.  It was a good day.  Then, it turned cooler and I had to make sure Little Miss Stevie was warm as the rain began to fall again.
Wednesday was shopping day. I posted away a few things, had the scarf and made sure I had my camera with me when I took off with the blue trolley; as well as a good umbrella.  As soon as I got to the bus stop, it began to rain.  It was such a pity my neighbours had decided to do their sheets at 6am that morning; and it was pouring rain by 9:15am.  While I was out getting Little Miss Stevie her Christmas gift and my fruit and veggies, it showered heavily.  I just had to time my walks between shopping centres and make sure I walked fast enough.
Anyway, I donated my hand-knitted scarf and beanies to the K-Mart Wishing Tree and had to go back and photograph it (as I had forgotten to do that at home) and then I headed off to 'Venus' Cafe' to meet up with Susan Waaga; a wonderful friend of mine from college.  We have made it a habit to meet up before Christmas for a coffee and a chat to catch up.  It's a great way to keep ourselves in contact with each other when we don't see each other during year (even if we do e-mail each other on a frequent basis and I do look forward to her e-mails).  And when we looked outside, I asked if she could help me with my shopping and a trip home as the cabs would be hen's teeth at this time of the year and in this kind of weather.  She was pleased to do it.  My shopping only took 45 minutes or so and I bought everything off my list and she drove right into my driveway; then helped me with my shopping.  Susan hadn't been to my house before and so I showed her around and she loved Little Miss Stevie and Grandma's piano.  I lifted the lid saying it wasn't sounding its best because of the moisture in the air; but once it dries out a little, it plays really well.  Then, I showed her my books collection and Susan was amazed at how many books I had here and she said that it's so good I read so much.  She didn't stay long; as I didn't wish to keep her from anything she might have been wanting to do, which she said was some Scrapbooking she had to catch up on.  Otherwise, she said that my house was lovely.  It was so good to catch up with her; despite the weather.
Thursday was a strange day.  I was over at the post office when a car on Kingston Road cut across from the right hand lane and headed straight for me.  I had been standing on the road a little to see past parked cars (only by about 3 feet) in the rain when I noticed this car doing this; and I thought to get off the road and onto the footpath.  Well, I was on the grassy part of the footpath and the car's front end mounted that, so I back onto the concrete and almost into somebody's front yard!  I was standing there right next to the boundary as the car stopped around 10 - 15 feet from me with the front end on the footpath and the back end on the road.  A man got out of the driver's seat and he had a strong accent saying: 'You fine, you okay.' smiling at me.  He acted as though he knew what he was doing and he did this all the time.  I didn't move from where I was standing until he finished fiddling around in the back seat of his car and drove away.  And even then, I waited until the road was absolutely clear.  I mean, bloody hell!  Two days out from Christmas and some nut does this to me!  I told Mum last night and she said that she was always concerned about me crossing the road where I do there, but is happy that I do take notice of the traffic like that.
Today... well, I've been working on the house.  I've swept the kitchen floor, vacuumed the lounge, checked the mail, been online here for a while and I'm hoping to get more work done around the place... just little stuff to make my life tomorrow easier when I get home seeing it's Christmas Day; and it's going to be a big one.  
So, this might be the last post until Sunday or Monday... so until then, take care and have a very Merry Christmas.  Enjoy the day, drive carefully and don't ever drink and drive.  If you feel you've had too much to drink, call a taxi/cab don't risk it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment