Friday, December 10, 2010

Emotion-filled Week

Actually, it's been a bit of a touchy month.  In the last few weeks, a lovely person on Bookcrossing passed away from cancer.  She lived in America and touched everyone's life in some way over the past few years through books and the forums online.
Then, recently, I received my 'Tea, Read & Journal' book box back from a bumpy ride through Indonesia.  It had been stalled there for almost six months and I found it almost impossible to get it home.  Once it was home, though, I found that this lovely lady (oi-reader was her screen name) had been on the list of people that this box was sent to.  She had made a journal entry and I read it on the way to the doctors.  It was written in August last year when she was at her happiest; when she made pasta sauce with fresh tomatoes and chillis from her garden while her dogs played with the butterflies; while she was falling in love with a wonderful man; while she remembered that her Grandmother used to say that August in the Mid-West was like living in warm applesauce.  Oi-reader wrote her entry at a time in her life when everything was at its freshest and best; and I'm glad it was when she received it.
Yesterday, a few weeks after she lost her fight with Cancer, I received an Ornament Exchange from another Bookcrosser in the UK; who was her partner for this year.  There was a note in the card that really touched me.  This lovely little ornament of a white dove cross-stitched onto a little red pillow was meant for oi-reader; however instead it came to me instead.  This lovely little ornament is something that oi-reader would have loved to hang on her tree at this time of year; and I'm honoured to have received it.  Oi-reader will be in our memories and lives for a long time seeing we received a lot of things through Bookcrossing from her.  I know I have a lot of books that she has registered in my collection; it's just a matter of finding them all and read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment