Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Westfield Sales!

Today, I woke up and looked outside to a moderately decent day.  There was no rain, but the clouds were still blocking the sun; never mind, I didn't care about that.  I was going to Westfield Garden City to spend up big on my $100 Voucher for the place that I won through Triple M.  Thank you to this music station; I must say as they are the most wicked people in the world to give us Music Jury Members this prize for finishing their 2-hour music survey at the end of November!  I love it that they give away so many things to us.
Well, this morning I was on my way to the bus stop armed with this little red card, my blue trolley and a fair idea of what I wanted to buy.  One of the things was something to do with Dr. Who; another was a nice calendar to put in the kitchen.  And most of all, I needed a new pair of sandals to replace my old slip-ons I got from 'Rivers' outlet store at the coast three years ago.  So, I went through some shops I don't normally go into and searched for shoes, cruised through David Jones and found myself in 'Spend Less Shoes'... and yes, I sneaked a look in at QBD (of course, how could I not get a sneak peek in there?).  And I came home with a small collection of things and still had $53.80 on the card to have a go at for another time.
I bought a pair of sandals at 'Spend Less Shoes' ($20), Dr Who Mug ($12.99), Retro calendar with posters on it (half price at $15.00) and two books at QBD ($13.99).  Not a bad day out if you ask me.  And one of the books is a Matthew Reilly book that one of my old job search people had told me was brilliant; and this was about three years ago (and for me to remember that is pretty good!).
Well, my day out was great.  I loved getting these bargains; and got a wonderful idea on the way home.  With the calendar of retro posters, I thought it would be fun to get myself working in my house to make it look retro too.  So, next year, I'll be looking at charity shops to find things that will make my house look and feel like you've walked into a place from the 1960's or so.  I'm halfway there with the credenza, kitchen table and the piano; all I need to do is change the painting over and I'll be doing that soon enough to make this place look good.
Well, until my next post, take care and I hope you have a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment