Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's Just Not Christmas Shopping

Now, this year it a little all over the place.  If it's not for you, it is for me.  You see, my usual plan for Christmas is pretty simple.  November is the month where I get all the cards out to my friends.  December is the month where I get my shopping done; and that's all my shopping, but I do it on a particular week and on a particular day.  The week is usually the first week or so and the day is usually a Monday or Friday in that first week.  This year has been all stuffed up.  I don't have the money I usually would have and right now I'm waiting for a gift voucher to arrive in the mail; which thus far hasn't and it's got until next Wednesday to get here.  My December/January issue of 'Good Reading' Magazine has gone AWOL (as it has for many other readers; so I'm not the only one) and I've been out three times to get presents for my family; instead of only once.

This isn't good.  
So, instead of feeling relaxed about the gift-giving this year, I'm stressed out to the hilt.  The weather is horrible and wet - and we're all still wearing our Winter woollies.  I haven't been able to get much laundry done due to this problem.  I still do have a few people to shop for; but that's not a problem; it's just little stuff really.
Yesterday was my one day where I found most of the pressies I wanted to give to people in my family.  I also found a lovely Christmas ornament for my little bird and spent the money on it for her.  I've seen this woman up at Garden City with her glass baubles for a few years and thought I'd never get one; but this year, I picked out a nice blue one and got Stevie's name put on it in gold and silver glitter.  It was worth the money; and the best thing was that a lovely little box came with it so it's protected for next year.  Isn't it just lovely?  I think so.  It looks just gorgeous on the tree too.
Kory and Maria having fun at Garden City
While I was waiting for the bauble, I went to Gloria Jeans to get a pressie there and a coffee when Maria and Kory - my cousin's wife and his son spotted me picking up my drink.  They were thrilled to have spotted me.  Well, we hung out for a while and took Kory to a gingerbread icing activity where we got some photos of him having fun with red and green icing.  Kory really loved painting on the icing and putting on the jelly beans and smarties too.  We parted ways at City Beach where Maria and Kory were off to buy Anthony his Christmas present.  Me?  I had to pick up my little bird's ornament.  
Before I did, I looked around 'Howard's Storage' and found some lovely stuff I could spend my Westfield Voucher on and then I joined their 'Inspiration' club.  Then I was off to pick up Little Miss Stevie's bauble and then head off home again.  It was a good day of shopping and catching up with Maria and Kory... and I wasn't home for 10 minutes when it poured rain.  Now, how's that for good timing?  Until my next post, take care and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment