Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful!

Here in Brisbane - and Australia - it most certainly it is!  We've had storms, flooding rains and dreadful heat; and that was in the last week alone, and it's not yet Christmas.  As I look out of my window here in my spare room (which I have long ago turned into a home office full of books, bookmarks and old artworks of mine), it's grey, wet and the temperature has cooled off so much I've changed out of knee-length skirt and into a pair of jeans.  
Yes, the weather outside has most definitely been frightful alright.  It's had me wondering what's in store for us over the long weekend that's coming up this week.  We have four days off; this is to include the public holidays for Christmas Day and Boxing Day, which means Monday and Tuesday are days for us all to be stuck at home and inside if it's going to be raining!  With the kids on holidays, the Christmas pressies are going to become very boring very quickly for them.  So, what's going to be going on in your house?
For me, I'd thought to let you all know, that I'm not going to Brunswick Heads this year.  It's been too wet and miserable and there's been far too many storms for Little Miss Stevie and me to move from the comfort of our home and into a caravan for 7 - 9 days.  So, I've decided to keep us here this year.  Also, I don't wish to waste my parents' money on what will be a horribly wet time for me and them.  I'd rather have unlimited access to my internet, the piano to play, my dvd player and the stereo to use as well as a bigger kitchen than what's in the caravan (even if there's the camp kitchen, I really don't like using that one either).  
On my agenda here in Brisbane, I'll be hopefully seeing 'Tron: Legacy'.  I remember seeing the first one when I was very young and loving it!  Even if nobody else did.  My family enjoyed it too.  Otherwise, I'll be going to the After Christmas Sales and buying a few things I need... like calendars.  I haven't gotten a single one this year.  So, I'll be getting a couple for around the house.  Then, there's reading.  I've sorted out my Mt TBR and it's been whittled downed to about 25 books - all wonderful and brilliant books I've wanted to read this year and some I haven't read before too; like 'Legacy' by David Suzuki... what a great man!  I've wanted to read some of his stuff and now I have something of his I can't wait to read it.
I recently got some dvds off layby and may be watching some of those at night.  But if there's a fine day or so in the new year, I'll be off to Bunnings to purchase some potting mix and a large pot and a few little plants.  Yep, I need to get the yard back into something looking like garden and not an overgrown weed heap.  It looks a little like I've pulled out some long grass - which I have - but I need to work on it more.  It's got me thinking what I may yet do to it.
Anyway, that's my Christmas hopefully filled in with reading, music, gardening, and cleaning.  With all this rain around, it's all I can really do.  So, what have you got planned for the holidays?  Until my next post, take care and Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. wet is good for the garden...makes it easy to pull the weeds out... forget the other stuff i wanted to say... sorry... but my christmas is lunch with a friend's family and dinner with my brother's family... and lots of seafood... yummy

    ReplyDelete