Friday, January 14, 2011

During this Week

This week has been trying for a lot of people with the floods all around, from up north to the inland Tsunami that ravaged the Lockyer Valley; and the massive flood that has devastated Brisbane City.  
While I live around 20 minutes drive outside the CBd, I also had my problems.  My house still has knocking pipes; but I'm getting that fixed soon.  We have had two really hot fine days where everyone around the place did all their laundry - and that was all of it!  I even washed my mattress protector and turned my mattress over; not that I don't do that anyway.  It's just that with all the rain that's been around, I haven't had the opportunity to get any of that done.  
Then, yesterday, I went to check the mail at the Post Office and around four or five of the Business-sized boxes had been vandalised.  I don't just mean spray-paint like last year where it can be taken off; I mean some destructive little gnat has gone there and kicked the doors in and tried to rip them off their hinges.  I gotta say, they tried really hard, and failed.  What was left of the doors were hanging off by one hinge; but still it was dreadful that this has happened.  This kind of thing always go one at this time of the year; just when kids are about to go back to school.  This is the time when they get very bored because everything they've been offered to do has been done by them over the holidays; however this time, it was different.  This time, all it did was rain.  This time, Brisbane City flooded and the kids didn't have the luxury of going in there to run around for the last week; and this time, kids on holidays have been stuck inside all week either watching television, surfing the net or bugging their parents.  But vandalising something as important and expensive as PO Boxes is just low.  Australia Post has to fix those boxes; and the rent on those boxes aren't cheap either - I should know, I have one - so why go around and destroy them?  The answer would be:  because they're bored.  Really?  Honestly?  If I said that when I was young, I was given something around the house to do; then I never said I was bored again.
So, there you have it.  The things that happened this week - besides the floods.  I know it sounds like a boring week.  But really it's not.  I'm up to reading my third book, began following a few other blogs on different subjects and have begun a new game on Bookcrossing called: 'Who Wants...' and I name a book title and the first person to e-mail me their address gets the book.  The following pay, I post it off to them.  I do it once a fortnight; and so I don't have the problem of having to post off too many items this year.  I've also begun saving up for a holiday in a few years' time.  I can't wait until I have the money up; but until then, I'll keep where I want to go a secret until the time comes closer.
So, there you have it, my week all caught up.  So, until my next post, take care, keep dry and I hope you all have avoided the floods.

No comments:

Post a Comment