Sunday, January 23, 2011

Long Day Saturday

What a day it was yesterday; and I mean it felt like it went for a few days and not only for one day.  From around 10am, I was out with my whole family at Mott Park at Holland Park here in Brisbane celebrating the first birthday of of Arrabella; my cousin's daughter.  Everyone showed up with food, chairs, their kids and cameras galore!  I had bought the birthday girl a card from the Logan Art Gallery and Natalie, my cousin, loved it.  She said she loves stuff like this; and was amazed at how much work went into it.  I told her about Rosa - the German lady who makes the cards at the LAG - and said that this one was the most lovely and best one I thought Arrabella would most suit.  
Well, the day was just lovely.  The sun shone hot and brilliant from the gorgeous blue sky, a strong wind blew all our recyclable plates off the table; as well as our plastic cups too, and sent our table clothes flapping like flags.  There was a Dora the Explorer Pinyata and all the young kids had a go at it; including my niece, Riley, who bent the metal spoon when she had a bash at it.  It was fun to see them all have a go as everyone took photos and films; and the kids dove for the lollies as they hit the grass.
There was plenty of food of home-made biscuits, cupcakes and butterfly biscuits too.  Then, out came the birthday cake; a carrot cake with a yellow cream cheese icing with flowers; made by Natalie.  It was a lovely cake; very moist and delicious!  Before long, a few hours had passed and all the kiddies were getting that glassy-eyed look of tiredness where it was past nap-time; and so we began packing up.  At around 1:30pm, we had a quick cup of coffee and helped Uncle Iain and Aunty Narelle with all the gear and we took off too.
But I didn't go home.  I asked Dad to drive me to Centro at Springwood.  I needed to go to Rockaways to look for a few vinyls; namely a 'Eurythmics' and 'Eagles' vinyl... one or the other; or both.  Well, I found the former and there were no 'Eagles' vinyls at all.  And the songs I wanted on this particular vinyl were all on side one for $10.  What a bargain.  Then, I decided to look for INXS' KICK album; and found one better!  I found their limited edition of KICK and bought that instead.  What a great day out we had.  A birthday party of a lovely little girl; who enjoyed jumping up and down and giggling her head off on my lap and two vinyls I've always wanted of two bands I've loved all my life!  A great day out indeed!  But boy, am I tired from it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment