Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today's Rain

I'm getting to hate this rain; there's been so much of it.  The fences around the unit complex are falling down and the swimming pool is full - almost overflowing actually.  I went for a walk out onto the footpath and took a filming of what it all looks like; and it's not good.  


I've been worried about a lot of things and have found it hard to get to sleep at night lately.  I haven't been to my parent's house as I really can't get over there or back in this weather; and so don't really know how bad their place is.  The piano is sounding really bad; as the moisture in the air isn't good for it, I can't get outside to do anything, I'm reading my third book this year and am running out of things to do inside that don't include making popcorn and getting out a dvd from my collection, putting a cd/vinyl or reading a book.
But then, there's all those people who have been devastated by the inland Tsunami, the floods up north and the rising Brisbane River; and I think my problems a really small.  I'm not sure if they are or not; but I think it's because I'm alone right now and don't really have anyone to talk to about this.  Also the last time this kind of flood hit Brisbane, I was only 3 months old.  But looking at the pictures from then I can get an idea of what this can do to our city.
Right now, I'm hoping my friends find higher ground, as do other people, I hope the rain goes away, I hope the Brisbane River doesn't rise much further... and I think that all we can do; hope.  I just feel so helpless at the moment; that I can't help anyone and I wish I could.  So, I hope the news links work well for you all on the sidebar and what I write for you here is okay.  I'll try to keep you all as up-to-date as I can.  Until my next post, stay safe, keep dry and I'm still here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment