Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year 2011

Well, it's the first week into the new year and I didn't make any resolutions.  Last year, I couldn't think of any as I sat out on the fly of the caravan with a notepad in my hand and pen in the other.  So, I went without; and got so much done!  This year, it's pretty much the same and I'll be getting a lot done.
This year, I do have some plans to work more on my garden and enjoy what I have already; instead of pining after what I don't have.  Seeing in the last year, I have been learning a lot of patience with myself and others, I will be putting that into action with what I'll be doing with my year this time.
There's a lot of writing to be done on my books, a lot of reading to accomplish and a lot of Bookcrossing I have to catch up with; not that I'm behind.  Last year, I was very active, and this year, I'll be active again; just I'll be doing fewer activities and enjoying the act of Wild Releasing as I have so many books that need to be set free.
This year, I've got a lot of paintings that need to be finished; and some collage too.  It's something I began working on late last year; and totally enjoyed, and won't let go of just because I have more writing to do or piano practice... or anything else for that matter.  And as John Lennon said: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans".

So, this year, I'll be taking more photos for 365project and backing off from Farmville (as it's taken up a lot of my time; and really it's not a competition on what level I'm on, it's just a fun game for me).  I'll be reading more and enjoying more of life and getting into going to art openings at the Logan Art Gallery (which I haven't been to any for the past four or so years all because I've used the excuse that I don't like crowds.  Really, it just bites into my routine and I don't want to break this little rut I've put myself into.
This year, I'll be changing over my wardrobe again; and so hitting the charity stores and looking seriously at which kind of fashion I'll be into that I can wear out anywhere and which kind I can wear out nice.  Yes, I don't buy new clothes, books or handbags; everything is preloved and second-hand or on sale at really low prices.  This year is the year I really begin on looking good too with taking up a good exercise regime too; Zumba to begin with and then once I've gotten into the steps, I might even swallow my pride and go to a gym (I've never liked going to them as I've felt like I'm being judged by people there).  If I decide it's not for me, well, at least I've tried them out again.
There's a lot of things I want to try out this year - just like I did last year.  And there's travel involved.  I want to go to the GoMA and see more art exhibitions and enjoy being in a crowded place without feeling like I'm suffocating.  And yet, I love the city of Brisbane because it's not too big and not too small; but it has grown a lot over the last few years too.
This is the year I've planned for myself.  I hope I get in and can make it work; and not trip over anyone who might be interesting enough to catch my eye as well.  So, what are your plans for this year?  Have you got any resolutions; or don't you believe in them?  If so, share yours with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment