Friday, January 21, 2011

Interesting Week

Well, it's late and I thought it would be a good time to get my weekly blog out.  This week has been slow but interesting.  I've gotten my shopping done and wondered - beforehand - if I was going to get all my groceries seeing how the Rocklea Markets had gone under in the Brisbane Floods.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that all the shelves between Woolworths and Coles were fully stocked.  Can't say the same for Aldi though.
I found a great piece of old kitchenware for Mum at Life Line; it was a sugar bowl that looked exactly like my late-Grandma's.  It was in better condition and so I got it for Mum to use.  After washing it, and wrapping it in fresh paper, I gave it to her on Thursday night, and she loved it.  I also bought a Buddha statue for my home.  It looks very cool by the door.
Last night, the family got together at Gabe and Kat's place for dinner.  Riley was there and Gabe made sushi; and Mum took along baked custard; which we all nearly scoffed down in one sitting!  Gabe reckoned his sushi wasn't his best, but I disagree.  I loved it; as Gabe's always getting better at making it Riley and me talked about witchcraft, God and the hows, whys and wheres of the craft.  I was careful about what I said; but made it clear that there's a lot of reading, research and there's an initiation she must go through to be a witch.  The last bit put her off a little... but she was still curious as I mentioned the history of it was gory.
Well, today, I was off to the Logan Art Gallery; and I almost forgot about it... silly me.  I was asked to come in an hour early as our trainee was being taken out to lunch for her last day of work.  So, I said sure and took off to catch the bus in a hurry. After a shower and a change of clothes, I got to the bus stop in plenty of time and found I waited almost 40 minutes for the bus to show... it really bad as I was about 10 minutes late for my roster; which made everyone late for lunch with Poppy.  Anyway, Linda Starkey and I hung around for an hour chatting and tallying up the people coming in.  However the afternoon shift was really dull.  Only four high school kids came in claiming they were bored, touched everything and then messed up the Children's Gallery.  Then, while I was at the toilet, they took off; leaving us to clean up after them.  Now, that frustrates me to no end; that kids of that age should know better, but they don't do anything to put anything away... I mean this place wasn't their bedroom.  I had to tidy up and put all pencils, scissors, lids on pens, putting the clipboards back and throwing out paper scraps and mainly just straightening up... it was a pigsty.  And I thought my house was messy!
Well, tomorrow, the family off to help celebrate my cousin's daughter's first birthday at Holland Park.  I'll upload photos on here to show how cute she is... she looks like her Mum. After the party - as it will only go for a few hours - I'll be off to Rockaways to look for a couple of vinyls.  One I'm into is The Eurythmics and the other is 'Hotel California' by The Eagles.  I hope I find one or both.  Until my next post, stay safe and I hope you're all recovering from the floods.  Until then, I'm still here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment