Monday, January 14, 2013

A New Week

It's the beginning of a new week and I've already gotten most of the things on my 'To-do' list done on my iPod.  Just two more things and I can write up another one; and get in and follow more goals.  

Today, the weather is a lot cooler than it was over the weekend; and for this I'm grateful.  It cooled down last night and early this morning.  And after all the trouble I had online - and not the mention around the unit complex on Friday night (which wasn't my fault) - I'm happy to say things are back on an even keel.  So, this is what happens when I try to be more social in this place... I get insulted and threatened for my trouble; so not worth it! 

Anyway, the things I got done weren't that many but I had to get them done.  I went out to check the mail, pick up some mangos at The Big Apple - but they didn't have any, so I bought peaches instead - and then I came home and put away the dry laundry and the clothes horse and pegs and then I vacuumed the lounge room and dusted as well.  Things got a little emotional when I vacuumed up the last of Little Miss Stevie's feathers and I looked up at the cage and realised that she wasn't going to flick more onto the carpet this week for next week.  I knew it was time to take a break for a drink of water.
After that, I packed up the vacuum cleaner and put it in the corner to cool down, turned on the fan and made myself a drink.  Then, I smsed Mum and told her how much petrol is here in Brisbane and went upstairs here to be online for a while.

That was around 2 hours ago.  It's become a little overcast and I do hope it rains today; as we really need it.  The other two jobs I have to do around the house is to put away all my clothes and to sort out the charity bags to be taken away.  Then, I have to begin saving like crazy for a few items around the place.  But today, my main plan is to tidy up the lounge room.  
Like I said in the first few posts this year, it's going to take time to make this place totally liveable.  I'm going to make sure I can do this; and do it properly.  I'm not going to rush it - like I have in the past - and what I will do is make sure I throw out what needs to be thrown out, keep what I want and make sure I get a new shredder (as I really need one). This is going to be the only way I can get things done around here.  
So, by taking things one week at a time - and one room and space at a time - I'm sure I can get this house not only organised but tidy and neater than it's ever been.  I'm not going to be living in a house where there's certains areas that tidy anymore, but all areas of it are.  What are you hoping to get done this week?  And how are you going to tackle your projects?  As you know, I've got a To-Do List on my iPod, but what works for me may not work for you... so do tell, how do you get your chores and errands doneUntil my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.     

No comments:

Post a Comment