Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Madness

It's been absolute madness today... really it has.  Despite being very humid in the early hours of this morning, and the heat getting worse as the day continued, I found shopping difficult from the start.  There was no mail; which was a good thing, as I really didn't want anymore bills right now.
But once at the bus stop on Park Road, found it absolutely reeked of something dead!  I looked around and couldn't find a dead animal (as sometimes that's what it is after the rain) so put it down to somebody's wheelie bin which was on the nose.
Once the bus arrived - strangely on time - we didn't get far.  This is good because I was in no hurry to get anywhere today.  Today, people were in a hurry to get everywhere - well, not me.
The roads were blocked in every direction because Paradise Road flooded over the weekend, forcing people to find other ways to get where they need to be.  Buses were less on the road, cab drivers were more and there were more people driving too which made it harder for people who didn't drive to get places.
So, I skipped the Life Line store, went to Woolworths and picked up my Witacker's chocolate and got out of there as quickly as possible.  Then, I raced over to Logan Central Plaza, paid off a vinyl and ordered something in and then I was off to the chemist to pick up a prescription.  My last port of call was Coles.
This place wasn't easy.  I couldn't leave my blue trolley at the entrance, I had to be diligent with my list and I ended up crossing off 4 things I had already gotten last time.  Anyway, I looked at the checkouts that were open (only 4 of them) and used the self-serving ones.  The one I used had played up on me every time I changed bags on it; and played up more when I put my freezer bag down to put my cold stuff in it.  Anyway, I managed to get a cab within minutes of calling one, and it took a long time to get home.
Tomorrow I have to go and get my fruit and veggies.  I did forget to buy cashews, but that's okay, I have enough for a day or so.  And I have to go to Garden City on Friday to pick up some things anyway.  So, hopefully, things will have gotten better by then - everywhere. 
So, how was your first day or so out after the storms here in Queensland?  With all the heat and humidity, I found it exhausting.  But I'm hoping it gets better soon.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.      

1 comment:

  1. had to spent two days using alternative routes to get to Shailer Park. By the second trip I found a better way to get there with less traffic dramas on Park Road.