Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wet, Long Weekend Coming Up!

This weekend is the Australia Day long Weekend.  We usually have sunshine, BBQ's and lots of fun.  However the weather forecast is for rain and wind; and lots of it thanks to a tropical cyclone which has been battering Far North Queensland - up near Cookstown.
And seeing this is going to happen, it's got me thinking about what you all do on these weekends when your best laid plans have to either be postponed or cancelled because of the weather.  For me, it's a matter of staying home and getting into my housework and cleaning out.  Yes, thankfully, it'll be nice and cool enough for that; and so I'll be able to do everything I need to do inside... well most of the time.  So, washing the floors, laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and dusting will be all on the list of tasks this weekend.

But there won't be just work around the house, I'll be also having a bit of fun around here.  I'm hoping to start sorting through the handbags I wish to sell and the ones I'm going to keep.  Then, I'll probably also get in an enjoy the garden again too as it's beginning to green up again.
Reading is another thing I'm hoping to indulge in too.  I've been struggling to keep myself interested in a book lately; and I think it's the weather.  However, I am working on doing what I can.  I'm also writing again; and working on my Fry Nelson books; so that is another reason why I sometimes stop reading and begin doing other things too.  

So, what are you getting up to this weekend?  I hear it's the Grand Final for the Superbowl Season this weekend too in the USA.  This makes this weekend a big one for everyone everywhere.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment