Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dog-Sitting and New Vinyls

Right now, I'm at Mum and Dad's house looking after Jay, my brother and his partner's dog.  I've been here since 3rd, January - yep, just one day since I arrived home from the coast - and for a good part of this time I've been cooling my heels waiting for this stupid internet link to come back up.  On the afternoon of my arrival here, I was okay.  This internet was going well.  It worked.
Then yesteday and last night, it didn't.  So, I called Optus and they advised me to do something I really didn't want to do:  remove the battery from the modem.  Now, if it was my computer and my modem, I wouldn't see a problem in it.  But seeing it's not, I hesitated.  The guy on the other end of the phone kept pushing me to do it, but I still just wrote down the instructions and said I'd pass them onto Dad; saying it's best if he does it and not me.  This  guy didn't care.

So, there I was without internet.  So, I looked at how much milk I had and wanted to turn off the computer and figured it would be better if I could the phone Gabe gave me with an adaptor and took off down the road to get one at Target.  It didn't cost much and I found that I could charge up my iPod too with it.  How cool is that?
I also had to go to Woolworths and I dropped into Rockaways - as it was still open getting rid of the old stock it had - to have a look around.  I had bought milk and other things at Woolworths.  And once at Rockaways, I had found myself looking at a Mozart box set.  Nice!  After I found that they didn't have efpos, I went and got some money out and came back to find a few disco vinyls sitting right where I could see them.  Picking amongst them, I found some I thought would go well in my collection and added them to my pick of the bunch; bringing my total to $18.  Not too bad seeing the box set added up to $10. 

Well, Jay and I hung around the house while I cleaned the vinyls and tried to get some books online through my iPod - unsuccessfully - and then we went downstairs to water the plants in the late afternoon.  When I got to where the hose was, I found that Dad had added two more hoses to this area.  Why?  I'm not sure, but he did.  where the new connections went and why I'm not sure.  But it sure confused the crap out of me.  So, I grabbed a large bucket from near the fence, half filled it with water (once I figured out which hose went with which tap) and took it around to the garden a few times.  Okay, it was a very primitive way of doing it, but I didn't want to be turning on the wrong tap only to have the hose stressed out, the water all over me and to wreck something my Dad has put up there for his own convenience; and only he can figure out.  Well, the plants were watered nonetheless.  And while Jay and I were downstairs, we got to run around and play a bit too.

Last night, 'The Goonies' and 'The Shining' was on GO.  Both movies are from the 1980's and I love them.  Well, I haven't seen the latter, and only stayed up to see the first 20 minutes, and it looks good.  So, I'll read it and see it on dvd soon enough.  Otherwise, I have had a good time so far.  Gabe and Kat are due back here soon to pick up Jay, take me home and keep on going home.  They're hoping to get there before lunch or so; as they spent the last few days at Brunswick Heads with Mum and Dad.  I hope they had a good time. 
I do look forward to being able to fix up my house as it's not as tidy as I was hoping it would be.  There's laundry to do and the rest of the place to clean up... so I really need to get in and clean up before the end of next week.  And I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things again there.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment