Sunday, February 10, 2013

Long Time Between Posts

I've had a busy week.  But mainly, I've missed having my computer at my beck and call in my house.  I'm so used to it being there in the spare room, in amongst the bookcases, nestled there in the corner that when it stopped working last Monday, I was really pissed off to say the least.  


I was wondering exactly how I was to do my writing - forget getting onto the internet.  All my books are now on thumb drives; and so to access them, I need a computer.  So, I turned off my broken computer and looked around my house.  I ended up outside looking at my garden and making  big plans on what needs to be done.

By around Wednesday, I was at my parents' house - much like I am now - using their internet waiting out the day and checking my mail.  One of my friends and I organised to have lunch via Facebook and after I found out one of my dear friends had passed away from Adrenal Gland Cancer.  I was really upset and found I was being kept in the dark about where the service was held and now, just today, I have found the family had changed venus again on where the wake is going to be held.  It's really getting up everyone's nose as we have to figure out how to get to the service and then have to wait to be told where it's going to go from there.  Silly really.
On Thursday, Dad and I went out to Bunnings where I bought a nice new round pot to bury my little bird in.  Yes, I still had her in the freezer awaiting her own funeral service.  I also bought up 3 bags of potting mix - the good stuff - and on Friday, I got my parents over to my place and we had a nice little service for my Little Miss Stevie.  She was such a big part of my life; and I'm happy I buried her in that way.  She just enjoyed the back yard so much (well, okay, so long the other birds didn't pick on her all the time).  It was a nice quiet little ceremony and Mum thought it was quite apt to put her in the pot under a Small-Leaf Jade; and so did I.
On Friday, I was out for lunch with Ged Maybury.  Ged is a writer of Steampunk but he used to write Young Adult.  I've known him for around 15 years and we became friends over Facebook when I mentioned that we met a long time ago.  Well!  We got along like a house on fire!  We had good laughs, great food at Rocky's Bakehouse & Cafe and totally enjoyed ourselves chatting about writing, authors and how some literary agents can be right horrors!  Then, he and I strolled back to my place and he pored over my collection of books!  He adored them totally, saying they were just wonderful - and there were quite a few books he hadn't seen before.  
Yesterday, I did some laundry and just typical housework.  However, over the week, I did get to put some wood polish into the piano ... and does it look gorgeous or what!  The colour has just bloomed from the grain!  And I love how it seems to have a better glow than it did before.  I'll be putting another coat on next week or so and see what happens.

So, this is what I've been doing without a computer.  Other than that, I've been painting clothes pegs, watching my 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' dvd set and trying to get my tv fixed as well as reading 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins.  It's amazing what happens to you when you're forced to live without a computer ... and I hate it.  I hope it's fixed soon!  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.      


  1. RIP LITTLE MISS STEVIE!! Your mummy will miss you heaps and so will we.

    1. Thank you so much. I feel as though her burial was a type of closure; and I'm really pleased about that. Now, I can work on other things... art, writing and maybe later in the year, another feathered friend may join my family again. :)