Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Neighbours Moving

My next door neighbours are moving soon, so they're a little noisy at the moment as they pack.  But packing isn't a quiet thing, no matter where you're going.  What bothers me to no end is that without fail, whenever I have had neighbours move, they either go quietly and I don't know they're gone, or they are up at all hours of the night partying because they're going to be gone and done with this place, never to return.
When they are the latter, it bugs me to no end because it means I don't sleep and I'm crabby the next day and wish to hell they'd just act normal for this last week of their time here.  And the strange thing is that on their moving day, they are the ones to complain they're tired and wish they had more energy to move.  Well, maybe they shouldn't have had all those late nights beforehand as they boozed up and partied like it was 1999, keeping me and every other person around them awake.
And this is what is happening right now with my next door neighbours.  They are moving out this Saturday and for the last two nights, I've been kept awake with their boozing up and partying.  On Monday night, they were up until 1:30am with loud music and singing at the top of their lungs until I went over there and bashed on their door.  They didn't answer, but did quiet down.  Then, last night, they were thundering around the place, screaming and yelling until around midnight when one of them fell down swearing their heads off about their handBy this time it was around 12:30am.  I went over there in my dressing gown and told them that two nights in a row for their partying was too much.  Their friends told me that one of them was sick from drinking too much; but I said I didn't want to hear her yelling about it at the top of her lungs, and neither does anyone else.  Their friends apologised and promised to keep it down.  I heard them thundering around until 2:45am when a loud crash was heard and then silence.  I'm tellin' ya, 4 hours sleep doesn't agree with me at all.

Now, I know they're moving out.  I've moved around from place to place in my life.  But I have never caused so much noise on the days coming up to my moving day that I was told to keep quiet by my neighbours.  So, what gives people the right to annoy the crud out of others just before they move out?
And who says they're not going to come back here?  I've seen it happen before when somebody moves out of this unit complex and they wanted to come back, but nobody trusts them to be quiet people, so they're not allowed to come back or wanted back by any of us here.  So, what happens if my neighbours do come back again and are noisy again?  It's not my job to keep them in line, I'm not their parents or landlord.  

I hate it when this kind of thing happens in a place like this.  I can't get away from my neighbours and yet when I have tried to talk to them, they don't seem to want to take advice.  So, how this is going to work out is beyond me.  I just hope the hangover they have today keeps them quiet tonight; quiet enough for them to have an early night.  If it doesn't, I won't be backwards in coming forwards about how noisy they are being.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment