Thursday, February 28, 2013

Busy, Weird, Wet Month!

We most certainly had an usual end to Summer here in Australia.  Instead of it being boiling hot and dry, it's been hot, sweaty and raining.  Not the best time for us to have our last month of Summer... and then to make it more interesting, we then copped a plague of fruit flies!  Yuk!

I've had a month of surprises when within the first week, my computer's hard drive bit the dust.  It unceremoniously stopped working and HP replaced it free of charge.  And seriously, I wonder how long this one is going to last... if I have to keep replace it every 6 months, I'm not going to bother, I'm just going to buy another computer.
Then, one of my dear friends passed away from Adrenal Gland Cancer and I went to her service.  Mum came with me and we had a lovely time; but I miss my friend, Cate Black, as I used to call her every few nights at around 7pm.  Now, it's strange that I can't call her anymore.  There's a kind of emptiness in my nights where she used to be.

I finished up a few sets of my painted pegs, varnished them and then renamed them 'Crafty Pegs' and wrapped them up in celophane and took a photo of them.  Once on the net, I had quite a bit of interest in them.  One lady asked for 3 dozen and I organised getting them sent off as soon as I could.  Before that I took them off to the Queen Bees Craft Group and the Logan Art Gallery to see if there was any interest there.  However, the ladies at the craft group thought they were far too pretty to be on a clothes line; and the lady who usually looks at the arty stuff for the store there wasn't in.  So, I'd have to wait until I had more in stock.  But I've made my first sale of a little over $50; and I'm very happy!  That money will be going towards something I'm saving for at the end of the year.

Also this month, I bought up big in the book department.  Yep, I fell off the saving wagon and spent some serious money on Valentine's Day and yesterday.  But then, yesterday's efforts were mainly paid with a QBD Gift Certificate, so what I bought only cost me $6.99.  I also downloaded 'Anna Karenina' by Leo Tolstoy onto my iPod to get my nose into it... I'm up to chapter 8 of part 1 and it's only been 2 weeks.  Not bad if you ask me; seeing I'm not too fast in the reading arena. 

Yes, this month has been wet, a little on the boring side, as well sad and upsetting.  I buried a close friend, buried my Little Miss Stevie as well, fixed my computer, worked on some art and have been working on getting my house better than it was.  It looks like it's going to rain again soon... so I better go.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.     

No comments:

Post a Comment