Monday, April 8, 2013

Busy Weekend Around the House

This weekend, I had a busy one around the townhouse.  My cold was going away, but I still had a lot to get done around the place between showers of rain and running out to the clothes line and getting the laundry in and onto the clothes horse.  Rubbish was put out, the weeds were pulled out along the back fence and in the shaded area and the lawn was mowed.  The back yard is looking so much better than it did before.  But my back neighbour - and older lady - hasn't cared for her yard and so I have to make this yard-caring a weekly ritual of mine until she either moves out or does something about it.  And seeing she's been there for a little over a year, I'm thinking that she's not going to do anything.

Well, all the washing up got done, the floor was swept, I skyped with a friend of mine and I was asked out on a date for the first time in almost a decade. 
Yeah, a date.  Now, it's no secret that I'd like to spend my life with somebody special, but I'm not the marrying type.  But I have been thinking of getting back into dating to find somebody to spend my life with.  And when Jeremy and I got talking about a month ago on Facebook, we chatted about dating in only the last week or so and we both had our own horror stories to tell.  My stories had a lot to do with guys who were shallow and only wanted me for one thing or didn't like me taking my medication in public view in a restaurant; and this really ticked off Jeremy.  So, he's old enough to know that what I've got isn't going to go away.  But he also knows that I've got my own passions and I enjoy my own things as well as he enjoys his own ways of life. 
Anyway, we're going out this week for lunch.  I hope we have a good time... and seeing we have a lot in common, I think it'll be a good laugh for a few hours that afternoon.  Wish me luck... I mean, my first date with somebody in around 10 years?  Wow... 

Anyway, I have been working on getting the house tidied up.  The laundry is off the clothes horse and is half put away.  The mail has been checked.  I found a shoe outside my door this morning - and it ended up being my next door neighbour's shoe.  And now, I'm staying home from my craft day because - even though I'm almost over my cold - I don't want to give it to anyone else as my nose is still a little blocked up and I'm not feeling exactly 100%.  So, I'll be still cleaning up the house and vacuuming and dusting too.  
Also today, I'm expecting my Tupperware lady to call me as I'm hoping to hand in a lid to a container that was broken on Friday.  Tupperware is a brand of plastics which is really great.  A lot of old school people know it's got a life time warranty but not a lot of younger people do and tend to throw it out when it breaks.  Mum told me that if any of my Tupperware ever did break to just call the company and they'd pick it up and replace it for me.  I've had about three things replaced over the years and it hasn't cost me a cent... how cool is that?  And today, I'm hoping to get the lid taken away and replaced.  

Well, that's about all from me today.  I'm going to work on a speech that I've copied from my iPod onto the computer to be read at the Logan Art's Festival in 2 weeks' time.  Then, I'll be hoping to find something to wear to it soon too.  But if I can't, I'll improvise from what I've got.  Should be good to attend.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.     

No comments:

Post a Comment