Monday, December 30, 2013

Nine Days In Brunswick Heads

Well, here I am in lovely Brunswick Heads.  It's a historical fishing village which nearly died quietly in the 1990's a little over a century after it was discovered, through nobody really knowing it was here.  But it's been a year since I've been here and a lot has happened.  
The town has been beautified.  Traffic islands have been put in, along with new corner curbs and rules about cycling and skateboarding along the footpaths - which include a $500 penalty - if the signs weren't warning enough!  
There's boutique stores and the same old Brunswick Bakery are still around, so is the century-old primary school and the very cool health store which is on the opposite corner from the primary school... and I love the place, it smells so darn delicious!

I've been photographing like crazy again, but because the wi-fi here is crapola, I'm going to have to wait until I get home to get the photographs up and onto the hard drive - even though I brought along the external hard drive with me.  

So far, I've been to 'Whatever' and bought 2 journals for $37 (and believe me when I say that they are BIG journals!) and then I went back today and bought a wall-hanging of Buddha under his Tree of Inspiration on a Lotus Flower... very lovely... it's got sequins on it and looks gorgeous for just $15.  Then, I had to find out how much it will cost me to get home by bus... as Mum and Dad aren't driving me home.  The lady at the information place didn't know, but she wouldn't look it up either, so she gave me the number for the bus company instead of calling them herself.  While there, I found a great book in their second-hand book pile for $8.00 called 'Freedom'.  I've wanted to read this book for a long time as one of my blogger friends in Chicago reviewed it and Greg Zimmerman said it was a good read.  So far, I like it and I'm only 10 pages in.

I'm halfway through my stay here and I've gotta say that the $100 I brought with me didn't go far... I will have to budget better next time.  I thought I had budgeted well this time, but I didn't.  Oh well, that's what I get for mis-judging my finances.  I didn't think I'd buy anything really.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment