Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Heat Is On!

It's been a humid day and I still went out.  I had to go to Garden City to get some last minute Christmas Shopping done and then I could waste the remainder of my week away here at home painting my pegs and enjoying the rain and catching up on housework.

Today, I drove to Garden City, picked up a Gloria Jean Christmas mug and found out they made a Christmas Ornament - Yay! - and so I bought that too!  And then I was off to get myself a calendar for next year - another retro one - and found it down near K-Mart.  Then, I turned around and saw Riot Art just behind me and thought it would be wise to stock up on magnets for more Magna-Pegs (yeah, I know I have plenty, but you can never have too many Magna-Pegs).  But they didn't have any magnets I wanted... so I bought some dolly pegs and a tub of gold paint for when I run out of gold paint - which will be over the next month or so.

I drove home, nearly ran into a car on the way through my unit complex - only because it was illegally parked outside somebody's front door.  I called out for the owner to move it or next time I'll run into it - and that today was rubbish day and the truck will definitely run into it (seeing how fast they take the corners around here).  Then, I opened the house up and realised the heat wasn't just me... it was a really humid day!

I got changed, set up my painting gear and jumped online to check my mail.  After I stuffed around on here for about 2 hours, I turned off the computer and went outside to photograph some of my plants.  The Gloxinia is coming along so beautifully and will be in full bloom in less than a week!  I can't wait!  It's such a happy plant and there's so many little buds waiting to burst open and show how pretty and pink they are.

Tonight, I had a salad because I just couldn't be bothered cooking anything but an egg... and it was so humid!  And a few hours after sunset, it poured rain and we got some thunder and lightning... but it's still raining off and on; and the humidity is still sticking around.  I only hope I can sleep - let's just hope there's a nice breeze around tonight, eh?  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment