Saturday, May 21, 2011

An Average Week

I've had a good week.  The weather has been up and down a little with the sun and rain; but Autumn and Winter are most certainly here in Brisbane as the chill arrives in the mid-afternoons.  I do love it when it cools down here as I love to dress up nice and warm and snuggle down with a good book and a hot thermos of green tea outside in the sun.
My week started out with finding a good book to read; as I have been reading a lot of non-fiction.  And I find that when I do this, my mind gets locked up in facts too much and I find it hard to sleep.  So, a good non-fiction is something I need to relax and help me let go of those facts and figures of things.  And the book I picked up was 'Archeron' by Sherrilyn Kenyon.  It's a tome of book; but extremely easy to get into!  I read 112 pages in one sitting; and the next day, I did it again! 
By Thursday, I had taken a break to catch up with a little bit of washing up and cleaning up around here and in the morning on Thursday, I was running from the bus stop on Jacaranda Avenue in Logan Central to the Logan Art Gallery in the rain to get to my volunteer work.  Yep, I had forgotten my umbrella!  But I had my book with me; which I didn't get to ready.  However, I had taken my knitting with me and gotten a few rows of that done during the few hours I was there.
By the time we had to leave, the temperature had dropped and it was still raining.  The lady I was volunteering with drove me home to save me getting wet; and waiting for a taxi.  I really appreciated her doing that for me.  When I settled onto the net, I heard my next door neighbour slamming her way around her kitchen and wondered what she was having a tantrum this time.
Fortunately, by yesterday, the weather cleared up - and really, I should have done some laundry - but the weather forecast said that there was going to be some rain.  By the end of the day, it was clear that there wasn't; so I wasted that day.  Just before I closed up, the back neighbours and I spotted a nice Kookaburra on the fence.  First, he sussed out their yard for something to eat, then heard me come out the back door with my camera, hopped around on the fence and looked at me and sussed out my yard while I took photos of him.  He appeared to be so happy and content just sitting there looking around at his leisure and being at peace with himself and us; that was until Zef's brother got a little too close with a piece of bread and he flew off to the boundary fence to my other neighbour's and me; where he stayed for another twenty minutes sussing out my yard and theirs patiently.  He wasn't a big Kookaburra, but he looked well-fed.
I was up late watching a movie last night after I watch 'Collectors' where there was one guy who was a huge collector of JRR Tolkien books and memorabilia.  This was amazing!  He had swords, necklaces, rings (yep, he the ring to rule them all!) and all kinds of other stuff too.  And the movie I watched was really cool; and funny as I've seen it before.  I went onto the net last night, so, when I woke to nice clear day this morning, I got out of bed and started on my laundry.  The sky is lovely and blue and there's a nice cool breeze.  And even though it'll look a bit like rain, I don't think it will; for another day or so.  Yep, it'll be another beautiful Brisbane weekend.  And even if it does begin to rain tomorrow, I still love living here in Brisbane.  it's just how it all goes. 
During this week, a few things went on that I can't really speculate with my neighbours.  One of them has been that she has had to park her white ute in the proper parking area at the back and keep parking it there; also not to speed around here.  It's really bugged the crap out of her, but if she doesn't like the way this place rolls, maybe it's time she moved on.  And that's not just me saying that... a few others have said that same thing about my neighbour and his wife.  Well, at least I have nice back neighbours for once in my life... and they're quiet and non-intrusive as well.  Until my next post, stay safe, keep warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment