Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh So Tired... This Mother's Day

I'll start with yesterday; as it's a good place to start. I was hoping to sleep in when I heard my next door neighbours start up her laundry at 6am... all three loads of it!  Then, at 7am, her and her husband thought it was would be a bright idea to clean out their car new black Holden sedan.  So, out came the vacuum cleaner and they vacuumed the whole car from boot to front foot mats for the next hour and a half.  I got up around fifteen minutes into it seeing I wasn't going to be able to sleep in that morning!  I had to get some milk anyway; so walked by and found some friends of mine who had also been woken up by their car cleaning at this ungodly hour sitting out in their car port in their pajamas drinking a coffee and having a smoke.  They were disgusted that these neighbours had no respect for the fact that others around them were hoping to sleep in on the weekend.  It's all about them and nobody else.  However, if anyone tries to approach these noisy neighbours, the woman will say it's her house, her rules and her way or the highway (and if you don't like it?  Well, you can move out!  How do I know this little bit of info?  She told me to do just this last November when I last spoke to her face to face).
Well, the day passed and I had told Dad about the problem we had that morning.  He listened and understood where I was coming from with it all.  Then, we went out at 1pm to go to Gabe and Kat's place for the afternoon and dinner later on.  It was really cool.  While the afternoon sped by - with this coolness of Autumn here and shortened days - Mum, Kat and I patted Jay, looked at some sewing and I did some reading.  Then, Riley and Gabe arrived and Mum had just pulled a Tea Cake out of the oven and we ate most of it while it was nice and hot.  
Gabe then made hand-made Tortillas with a machine he built.  They were absolutely delicious!  And these were the first time he had made them... and won't be the last.  So, we munched into those for dinner.  Then, coffee was made afterwards and Baked Custard with stewed apples for dessert by Mum; very delicious!  By the time a few games of Rummy Cub and other talking had been done, it was around midnight and time to go home.  We got back home by 1am.
At 5:45am this morning, I was just getting into some deeper sleep when the people two doors down from me decided to hook up their boat and go fishing!  It was the noisiest operation I've ever heard (and I've stayed in caravan parks where you never hear people take off in their cars and boat trailers - empty or full - during the night or early morning)!  Then, fifteen minutes later, my next door neighbour began her laundry - again! - at 6am!  I just wanted to get some decent sleep... PLEASE!... is that too much to ask?  Can't these people just shut the hell up for one weekend to let people sleep in?  At 7am, they went out in the new car - which is louder than her white ute - and annoyed everyone trying to sleep.
By 10am, they returned, moved the cars around and then did even more laundry.  I feel like I've been half asleep the whole weekend, as I haven't had anywhere near enough sleep, and yet I can't talk to my neighbours about it... I've tried without success.
I think it's an early night for me tonight in the hope for a full night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment