Sunday, May 22, 2011

This Weekend of Rain and Cold

I haven't done anything today except eat get the paper and some milk and coffee (that latter was for a neighbour who couldn't get to the shop) and eat breakfast and read my paper while it poured rain until around 10am.  Little Miss Stevie sat under her covers until the sun came out and I took them off.  She sunned herself a little while talking to the bird in the mirror and at her breakfast as well.
Not long after that, I jumped online and have been on here since.  I've checked my mail, uploaded a photo onto 365 Project and Facebook and am currently talking to a friend at Thorneside who's cleaning his house while he chatting to me.  
Yesterday, I cleaned up the lounge and put things away to make room for my laundry, which got wet at around midday.  I had put the towels in the dryer and pulled out the clothes horse to hang all my shirts and tops; then hung all my jeans and track pants over my dining room chairs to dry.  Anything else I couldn't fit on the clothes horse, well, I hung on hangers and have them hanging off door knobs around the house.  Yep, my place looks like a Chinese Laundry right now; with clothes around everywhere drying and me not being able to move anything anywhere until it all finishes.  
It kept on raining off and on all afternoon and into the night yesterday, making the temperature dip cooler than predicted.  I put Little Miss Stevie's covers on early and hung a towel over the front so she'd be warmer than usual after I turned off the television at 8:30pm and checked on some of the stuff online.  I ended up getting offline at around 10pm and going to bed where I heard the rain on the roof for the next two hours; unable to sleep; even though I was warm.

Today's only half over and it's not all that exciting.  I've got 'The Drew Carey Show' theme song stuck in my head - and have done for the last few days - and I've been able to update a few things on a few of my blogs lately (one of them being the main photo on this particular blog; yep, the rainbow's back).  I'm going to make my favourite photos a monthly thing; at the end of the month; seeing how many photos I do take each month.  So, when you see them, they'll be a surprise; even to me... I won't know which ones I'll pick out until the day arrives.  And I'll do it on the very last day of the month as well to make it something to look forward to. 
Well, I better be going.  I did plan to clean out a few cupboards in the kitchen today; namely the pantry.  I'll let you guys know how I get on with that.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment