Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cold, Busy Week

We have had a cold snap this week; and personally, it's about time the cooler weather made a showing.  I do love it when it gets cold.  The sun is out and warming us up while the coolish wind moves the trees around and makes sure we remembered our jackets each day.
My week has been interesting and nice.  I had the joy of buying a few new things for the house and throwing out more stuff I don't need.  Isn't that great?  The shopping day was an education in itself as I walked from Triple C to Logan Central Plaza and found out that Woolworths and Coles have made their trolleys stay put with an ingenius invention attached to the front wheel of them.  After about 100 metres, the trolley you're pushing will put on the brakes and not let you take it any further.  The only people who can take the brakes off are the trolley collecting boys; and it's a well-guarded secret.  I think it's a great idea and will stop the trolleys from ending up in an unfortunate accident with cars, trucks or up to their handles in creeks and rivers.
On my way through K-Mart, I thought it was time to get a couple of new pillows for my bed.  The cough from my cold I had a few weeks ago had yet to disappear and so I thought the main reason it was sticking around was due to my pillows.  So, two new Tontine pillows were purchased for the bargain price of $22.00; not a bad buy if you ask me, especially for firm pillows.  Anyway, I dragged them around for the rest of my shopping day wishing I had a car to dump them into for a while (it's usually the only time I want a car; when I have big bulky items in my hands and nowhere to put them!). 
The shop through Coles was good and only brought me to around $100.00... not bad for a top-up shop.  And the best thing was that I didn't have to wait long for a cab home.  It was a  good day... I had $10 left in cash in my pocket and still had to have my phone looked at from the week before.
On Thursday, I couldn't get onto Blogger because it was being maintained.  So, I gave writing on here a miss and did some serious reading of a book about left-handers who changed history; and believe me, there's a lot of them!  More than you know!  I'm enjoying this particular book as I'm seeing quite a few things in these people that I see in myself; and that's always fun to find out.
On Thursday night, I had eaten a nice pasta dinner, closed up the house and covered Little Miss Stevie over for the night and prepared myself for 'The Vampire Diaries' on 'Go', but when I switched it over, there was some stupid chick flick on about two friends who were getting married on the same day... where was my vampire drama show?  Just when these vampire shows get juicy, they skip a bloody week!  I hate that.  Now, it was only 8:30pm and I didn't want to watch this stupid movie (that was - without a doubt - probably a chick-lit to start with) and so when I found nothing else on the television, I turned it off and hung about on the net for the next two hours.
Yesterday, Mum and I took off in the afternoon to her hairdresser's and then to see what happened to my phone.  The hairdresser's didn't take long; but with my phone, the lady took one look at it and said that the lines on the screen were made by something heavy being leaned on it.  When Mum and I thought back to the day on the Endeavour, we remembered that my bag was underneath hers when they put our bags in the container.  The lady said my phone didn't have a chance with a backpack on top of my nice, cool little cotton bag on top of it.  So, our best chances are to get a new phone.
Last night, I had a good night of television viewing.  I watched a final of 'Being Human' where everything that Mitchell did came to a head and - after he did away with somebody who was the bane of vampire society - he asked his best friend to help him as he new he'd never be able to stop being what he was... I liked Mitchell; and hated seeing him die.  It was sad as I've watched the whole series from the beginning; and had liked him to the very end, no matter what he did, he was still one of the good vamps.
The very dim one on the right is Mars.
Today, I was up before the sun to look at Jupiter and Venus in the sky.  Mars was supposed to be there, but it wasn't.  I got photos of them, but they're just dots in the darkness; very bright dots.  I'm happy I got up when I did as it was good to see them... but My Gods was it cold!  At 7:30am, we could still see our breath!  Yep it was quite chilly this morning.
I've still got a little bit to do on my portrait and then it'll be finished.  Then, I have to take it outside and see how the colours look before I give it a final spray of varnish to make the colours pop; then finally, I'll get it framed and hang it up on the wall ... which wall I'm not  sure.
Well, that's my week.  I feel as though not much happened, and yet it did.  Well, I hope you all had a good week.  Until next time, take care, keep warm and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment