Thursday, May 26, 2011

Busy, Tiring Week

We got a good taste of the Winter we're going to have this week as the temperature plummeted for Brisbane and the winds picked up.  This means there's plenty of snow down south in the Aussie Alps early this year.
On Monday, I was at Garden City to get out some money for a few things and buy some paint.  But I got side-tracked and bought three books that were dirt cheap.  One of them was 'Reading by Moonlight' by Brenda Walker which I scored at the Borders closing down sale for $11.99 down from $36.99!  What a deal!  I then bought two more books from my usual haunt:  QBD for under $10; not a bad deal, especially seeing one of those books was only $1.99.
On Tuesday, I slept in a little and made sure I was ready to go out that night.  I had the place nice and clean, the washing up done and most of my stuff put away as I was going to come home late.  I left the house to catch the bus at the Argonaut Centre down the road by 3:30pm only for it to arrive closer to 4pm.  I was meeting Geoff Treagus in at Southbank Bus Station to go to a Life Drawing Class.  Once the bus got to Garden City, the stop was packed out with school students and they barely gave us space to get off the bus and move around, let alone let us go where we needed to.  I had to be rude and shove my way out.  By the time I got to Southbank Bus Station, it was closer to 5pm and I was starving; but Geoff was waiting there for me (thankfully).  The first thing we did was take off for a good hot meal at a Japanese takeaway which was attached to a larger restaurant.  I had a Prawn Katsu; which was delicious!  And he had something else I couldn't pronounce; but our meals were lovely and hot as the sun went down as did the temperature and the icy winds began to blow.  I was thankful I had brought along the jacket my Aunt had given me from her wardrobe clean-out; it's very warm.  

We walked around Southbank, looked through the Fine Arts library at the Technical Arts department (where there's every single book you can find on any artist you wish there on the shelves; or on the net).  Then, we made our way to the Life Drawing class where we had three models and two hours of brilliant work and a warm workroom with Flamenco music filling the air to help us concentrate.  The moment I could understand the words, my mojo vanished and my worked suffered.
I got home at around 10pm and had to wait until around 11pm before Mum and Dad dropped the Pajero for me to mind while they were away on holidays for a few days.  They had a look at the work I did that night, were pleased I had a good night, asked what I had for dinner and Dad was amazed at the gold-dipped flowers I had hanging in the hall of my kitchen... he just couldn't believe the domed glass was so flawless and thought I got a great bargain. 
On Wednesday, I woke up to sore muscles and a very tired brain... I just didn't want to get out of bed.  Also it was freezing cold and a shopping day; but I did anyway.  I dressed, organised myself and left Little Miss Stevie's covers on her cage before walking out the door.  I spent most of the morning trying to keep my eyes open while I tried on jeans at the local Life Line store (where nothing fitted).  Then I spotted a gorgeous little Christian Dior handbag; but didn't know if it was a knock off or not.  So, I asked to look at it... and it was a real one from Italy!  OMG!  And yes of course I bought it!  I also scored a Paul Frank wallet too; an original one.  Two scores in one day... not bad if you ask me.
Today, I picked up the mail after doing some towels and hanging them out by 9am.  Then, I made my drink and chatted online with a friend of mine for a while from Canada until his time ran out on his library-hired computer.  After around an hour or so, I jumped offline, read a book for about an hour or so, washed up, put all my charity stuff out into the Pajero, pulled in the towels and settled Little Miss Stevie in for the night.  It was a quiet day; for once, as tomorrow, I'll be going out to the chiropractors in the afternoon.  While I'm out, I'll get a ball of red wool to finish up a scarf for a Winter Raffle on Bookcrossing I'm running.  Well, that's about all that's going on this week.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe; and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment