Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Busy Times

I've been busy lately and haven't had time to write.  But never fear, it's not because I've been lazy or not wanting to; I have, I've just had problems trying to get myself into my blogs through no fault of my own.  Actually, it was my browser that has been the problem.  I was with Mozilla until the last day or so when I had to change back to Explorer 8.  Mozilla 3.6 was  going really well.  There were no problems with uploading pages or editing blogs or printing out anything (from what I've been reading on Facebook).  Then, they brought out Mozilla 4 and all of it fell apart.  I found I couldn't get into any of my blogs to edit or upload photos; taking my editing and photo uploading programming back three years!  So, I jumped onto their Facebook and found I wasn't the only one affected.  Hundreds of people had had similar problems with other things in their cyberspace life.  Some had their printers rejected by the new Mozilla browser while others had the problem of their own computer not even taking it up and switching off on them (so they had to go and use another computer to complain to their Mozilla about it).  This small - yet big - upgrade in Mozilla had made a massive impact on so many people; including me.  So, here I am working with a browser I don't like, but have to live with until Mozilla sort out the bugs.
Otherwise, my week has been okay.  I'm reading a great book on all the great Left-Handers in history who changed our world.  It begins with Ramses II and comes into modern day with politicians, inventors, Queens and multi-millionaires.  It covers the five or so traits that left-handers have and right-handers don't and why these particular left-handers have made the impact they did.  I'm really getting through it quickly because of the people its covering.  Even Beethoven was a lefty; and so that shows where his brilliance came from.
I've been working hard on completing my portrait so it's ready for framing.  There's just the background to finish up as I've done a lot of the face and hair now; and I'm really happy with how it's turned out.  So, I can't wait until it's complete and I've signed my name in the corner of it and begun another painting... life is looking good when I can focus like this.
I went shopping today.  So, it was an early start for me at 7:30am even though there was a chill in the air.  I had a fair idea of what I wanted to wear and got ready to leave.  It was good to have my stuff ready with my list and everything.  I also got everything that was on my list - as well as a couple of things that I thought were a good idea.  I bought some new shampoo and conditioner (as the stuff I'm using now isn't doing anything for my hair right now) and I thought it would be a good idea to change over my pillows I sleep on.  It's been a long time since I last did; and so bought myself two Tontine pillows from K-Mart because they date stamp their pillows  to make sure you replace them at the right time.
I picked up a prescription and got the shopping - which ended up being a small top-up shop and then I got home via a taxi.  Yep, it was a good - yet tiring - day.  At least it didn't rain.  That's something I'm happy with.  And I'm looking forward to reading a little while the sun's out too this afternoon.  Unlike yesterday, where we had a storm at this time of the day, it's been a lovely day here.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment