Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Wet Old Week

I've been hanging out at my folks' house this week; and it's been interesting.  However, it's also been cold and wet.  So, I've also been bouncing around this big old house with very little to do around here but hang out on here, paint a few things, cook, wash up (which never seems to get done) and then feed the very demanding wild birds who tap on the window of their computer room when they want food... cheeky guys.

Yeah, it's been a little boring, but I'm going okay.  I've brought along a few dvds and movies to keep me occupied at night and I lashed out and bought 6 books in 2 days.  Yep, that's a big leap for me.  I don't normally buy books because of the number of books I already have in my collection - which is nearing the 1,000 mark very quickly - so I don't really want to add to that number.  But I'm reading them as the years go by.

There's been a few good things about this place; but only a few.  The tv is really good.  The analogue signal was closed down - so the digital signal stopped stuffing up on the tv - and my parents don't live far from 2 shopping centres.  Actually they live only a 5 minute walk from both of them.  However the down side is the busy road they live on... it never seems to be very quiet for very long at night.  From midnight until around 4am, it's quiet, but that's it.  For the rest of the time, this road is always loud, noisy and very very busy.  I wish I could sleep in, but I can't.  This is when I can't wait to get home and sleep in at my place.
The one thing I've really hated is the rain and how cold it's gotten.  Now, I do love the cold, but the rain really has stopped me from sitting outside in the sun.  So, I wish it hadn't shown up when it did.  I haven't been able to do any laundry for my parents and feel more than a little trapped here.  

Anyway, they return from their holiday tomorrow.  I can't wait.  I have done a bit of housework, but tomorrow I'll be doing more.  There's packing to do, washing up, sweeping up and other things to get organised.  And I know that when they arrive home, I'll be ready to leave and let them unpack and I'll want to go home too.  I just don't know what time they will be arriving - the afternoon or at night?  Who knows?  Oh well.  Whenever it is, I'm sure they'll have some great stories to tell.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment