Sunday, May 19, 2013

Busy Old Weekend

This weekend has been one of me doing a lot after a week of not having any time to myself.  I have felt as though I haven't been able to sit down and do anything for myself; and I really want to.

But this weekend has been a time for me to catch up with everything that has been going on.  I mowed my lawn, washed up, did my laundry - all of my laundry - and then put the rubbish, put the cure-all stuff in the fish tank (which turned the water green!) and then, I took the laundry off the clothes horse and put the latter object away, too the clothes upstairs and began to pack yet again to come here to my folks' house while they're away on holidays.  

This time around, it didn't take long to pack as I already have the bags sitting out for me to use.  So, I was halfway there.  Anyway, I unpacked a few things I didn't use last time and looked around for the spray-on varnish I was sure I brought home last week, but couldn't find it anywhere.   So I didn't think about it; thinking it might have be left here (I mean, where else could I have left it?).  Well, I arrived here and found I had left the varnish here, right on the speaker next to my shopping trolley... I had forgotten to pack the silly thing!
I unpacked everything, opened the house up and checked my mail then thought to head off to the shops to get my medication at the chemist.  I wasn't gone an hour when I returned and found Mum and Dad had tried to call.  So, I called them back and Mum and I had a lovely chat about everything.  Where they're holidaying is nice and hot, but when I told her it was freezing old here at night and only just getting over 20 degrees here, she was amazed.  She said it didn't sound like Brisbane weather at all, but she was enjoying herself.

This time around, I took out some books, put in my external drive and added in more clothes to wear as I didn't have enough last time.  And the good thing is that I have enough food here - unlike last time. Well, tonight, I hope it doesn't get too cold.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm, and remember, I'm always here.     

No comments:

Post a Comment