Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Busy Wednesday Morning

I'll start with yesterday; as it was busy too.  I decided around midday yesterday that it was time to get in and clean up the art area of my house.  It had gone on too long with me ignoring it and so I thought it was high time to get my lazy butt down to the back door and start cleaning it up, washing the floor and throw out the back door matt what was stuck - physically stuck! - to the floor!  
I did all that.  I pulled up the matt and found the black crap on the bottom on the matt had stuck to the lino and so I had to get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor with Ajax and hot water and steel wool to get most of it off before anything else; before I could do anything else.  It was exhausting!  But I felt good throwing out that old matt that had been there for so long!
Then, I emptied out the big black box that Dad had bought me as it had outlived its use.  It cleaned it up, wiped it down and put it in the back of the Pajero ready to take it to Mum and Dad's place.  I got in the car today and then drove straight there after checking the mail; taking Dennis Road.  I coasted along the street, taking my time, knowing there'd be roadworks and thought I might be able to get into their driveway.  However I was so wrong about that!  I found half of my folks' street dug up!  It was all being resurfaced between 37 and 41; so they took up the bituman and I couldn't get into their driveway.  So, I was stuck with the big box for an unknown amount of time.  This got me thinking while I was out and about looking at things:  Dad would only fill it with crap.  So, I was better off just giving it away to somebody or to a charity.
Well, while I was out, I went to the bank and pulled out $30 and then went on the hunt for a small card table.  I didn't want anything that was too expensive, just something I could use for my work station at home and fold up when I needed room for something else.  I tried Target, K-Mart, Big-W and then, thought to try out Bunnings.  And it was here I found my card table for $25!  What a great little bargain!  And doesn't it look great at the back door?  All that natural light to work by and that lamp to use when I have to work at night too.  Not a bad set-up so far.
When I arrived home - before I unpacked anything - I noticed that Paul Barrett (Ian's new flatmate) had been out to do some shopping.  So, I locked up the car and walked over to their place and offered up the box to them.  Ian was hesitant, but Paul thought it might be good to put some of his stuff into for storage and grabbed the measuring tape.  he came over, measured up the box and said it looked good, happily taking it off my hands.  I was grateful, saying that Dad would only fill it with crap and it was better he had it than my Dad.  He agreed that I was doing a good thing.
Now, next week, I'll have only the cabinet to get and then I'll be able to put all my stuff in the bags into it and have access all my paint, brushes and other stuff too.  The area will look and feel cleaner and better as well.  I can't wait to get it all done up and finished.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm, and remember, I'm always here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment