Thursday, September 5, 2013

Just Quickly...

I was up nice and early today, stripping the bed, getting the laundry ready and hanging out my 2nd load by around 9am.  By 11am, I had my 4th load out and the first sheet pulled in to make space for the rest of the laundry on the line.

There were things to do, and I had been up since around 8am organising myself and making phone calls to get myself organised.  Phone calls because my next door neighbour's landlord has accused me of 'defamation of character' and that I should refrain from doing so.  I'm still hearing water hammer after 3 years of trying to get it fixed from the neighbour's side; without success.  So, I have been forced to call my plumber and ask him if he could help me by writing a report (again - because this has happened before) and get something done about the mixer taps next door from making a horrible noise through my pipes.

After the phone call and laundry was done, I found my computer's hard drive had crapped itself - again!  This is the 4th time it's done it.  I had to get it to repair itself and restart... knowing now I have to get a new 1 terrabyte hard drive next week - sooner than I expected.  So, I thought to go to Game Dude at Springwood and price one.  The guy told me to bring in my hard drive and he'd look at it; I said that I'll bring in the whole tower as I don't have a clue how to open my tower as it's brand new.  Well, he told me that he could get me one for $79!  How cool is that?  I'll be getting a new hard drive next week.
While I was out, I dropped into Mum and Dad's house to pick up two boxes I had left there while they were away - in the hope I'd be staying there while they were on holidays.  Unfortunately, with all the roadworks going on, I can't so I'm beginning to pick up my stuff and organise their house over the time left.  So, I picked up these two boxes and brought them home in readiness of getting my new cabinet for the art area.

On the way home, I dropped into Aunty Heather's place to see how she was doing after knee surgery and she's been doing well.  She has been going to physical therapy once a week and has a set of exercises to do at home as well.  She looks great too.  However, I stay a little long and she didn't tell me when her lunch time was.  We did chat about Mum and Dad on holidays and my last sms from them and had some laughs too.  She is in good spirits, and I did say that Mum would have my hide if I didn't visit her at least once or twice while she was away on holidays to see how she was doing. 

Anyway, I came home and organised a few things, saw the laundry hasn't dried yet and now, it's mid-afternoon, I had better go and have a look at it soon to pull it in before the dew settles.  I still have some work to get done on my Crafty Pegs order and then I'll see how many I can get done today.  I have 8 or so finished and once all 12 are finished up, it'll be time to spray-varnish them and deliver them early next week.  Well, until my next post, take care keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment