Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lazy Sunday

Today is the first truly lazy Sunday I've had in over two months.  Honestly, I'm sitting here online and it's not yet midday and I'm totally enjoying the quiet of the day before hectic beginning of the working week again.

Yes... it's been a very busy 3 months for me since Mum and Dad flew off overseas; and now I've had time to sit down and take in what I've gotten done, I feel as thought I'm being lazy and almost bad that I'm not doing anything.  Weird, eh?  But really, it's nice to have a day to myself to do what I want.  Then, I can get in and do some pegs and pencils, work on some other wonderful things around here and not have to worry about much else.

But I'm hoping to save up for a few things while I'm taking my time with a couple of things around here.  There's a wrought iron table and chairs set at Bunnings I spotted for $139.00 which I spotted while looking for dolly pegs.  But before I wrote down the price, I searched online for a table and chairs just like it and didn't find anyone giving one away - not on freecycle or e-bay or anywhere - so I looked through The Trading Post online too, there's nothing on there (and besides, people are expecting too much money for their second-hand items).  So, I've begun saving up for the outdoor setting myself.  It won't take long to have the money in my account and in-hand seeing I've got most of my stuff done around the place anyway, and I do have most of my Four-Month Makeover done.  There's just the finishing touches to get done around here.

There's still a few plants I want to get in and repot and a bookcase or two I want to replace around here with sturdier bookcases, but I'm going to concentrate on finishing the garden first, and then see how I go on seeing the details of my project; after all the devil's in the details of a project isn't it?  I do enjoy making sure it's all done up properly and working well.  But if waiting for a particular part of my project to be finished and financed is called for, well, I guess that's just what I have to do.

Gabe asked me yesterday where I got the money for my project, and I said that I had it all sitting in my savings for a while until I got the use of Mum's car.  Once I spent a bit of money, I waited until the next pay, spent more money and then went to cheap stores and spent more... it eventually added up to getting all of what I wanted done. 
I've just checked my iPod for the jobs that need to get done.  And I've checked off the list the art area being cleaned up... now I have only two more things to finish:  the backyard, and the lounge room.  With a month and a half left to go, I'm right on shedule to getting everything done up, finished and tidied up.  I can't wait until my project is complete.

But then, it's not really complete - is it?  There will always be something for me to do here, something to replace, something to get removed... something to make sure I'll have to get put in to make my house feel, look and run better all because I want it to.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment