Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cleaning Day

There are days where I just jump in and tidy up the house because it looks like a cyclone's hit it.  And today is one of those days.  

This morning, there was a heavy fog outside, and the sun struggled to get through it.  This meant a hot day... good!  This also meant a great day for laundry.  So, the moment I got up and dressed, I stripped the bed, grabbed the laundry and put on the sheets.  Then, while that was going on, I prepared breakfast, did some washing up, put on the radio and opened the house.  
By this time, it was 8:30am and I checked my To-Do List on my iPod (yeah, these are free off iTunes and are very cool).  I had a couple of my jobs on the go... this usually happens when I get going with housework on days like this.  
Once I had finished breakfast, I thought to get my butt outside and shift the Pajero and sweep out the car port of leaves.  However, when I walked past the front left side, I found a Praying Mantis holding onto the front tyre.  So, I put the car keys in a safe place, picked him up and found a nice tree for him to hang out in.  I don't know if he was happy or not, but I did go and get my camera and took a few photos of him.  He was so cute and I got to pat him a little too - which he did mind me doing. 
Anyway, I shifted the car, swept out the car port and put the car back and crossed off one thing on the list that got done.  Then, by around 10am, the laundry was all done - or as much as I could fit on the line.  I still have the handwashing to do tomorrow and a few other things too before it's all done.  I had done one lot of washing up, and so I wiped up the first lot and have another lot to get done.  Then, I paid a phone bill for Mum and Dad and I checked the water in piano and refilled the glass (it wasn't empty, but I did it anyway).

Then, I was outside taking photos of the garden to make a journal of what's been going on in my garden over the last four months.  It's been a lot!  And I'm darned proud of what my place looks like now... despite the few hiccups that have happened with it all.  I'm still moving plants around to make my garden look good and I'm hoping to have my place looking and feeling the way I want it before my folks get home.  

Yep, cleaning days are big, long and tiring; but they're kinda fun as you usually find that you get a lot done, and you feel better when you go to bed and you're sleeping in a nice set of clean sheets.  I do enjoy getting the place cleaned up - even though it's hard work.  Paying the bills, checking that I have everything on my shopping list and putting out rubbish is some of my favourite parts of cleaning days; as it makes me feel as though I've accomplished something big... it's put everything in my life in perspective and squares things off until the next time I have to clean up the place.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment