Friday, October 15, 2010

Busy, Busy Wet Week

This has been such a busy and hectic week, that I haven't had much time to scratch lately... well, not until now.  Out of the whole week, I've had about two days or so where I felt like I was okay and not stressed out of my mind.
Monday was normal and cool.  It was raining; but what's new?  After last Thursday's massive late storm, that's all the sky did.  And everyone's laundry piled up.  I read, listened to music and finished cleaning the house.  Gabe and Kat came around to drop off the Kombi and she found out that when I said to take her time with a book I lent her, I meant it.  Kat saw the massive collection of books I have and was amazed that I found time to read.  I said that being an insomniac it's easy to read between 10:30pm and 1am for me; then I'll find time to read in the afternoons sometimes outside if the weather permits or in the carport too if it's too hot.
On Tuesday, I had a big day out at the hairdressers getting my hair trimmed to a length that was good and manageable.  It looked good and felt lovely.  Christine, my Mum's hairdresser, loved the colour and said it was just gorgeous.  We spent a big part of the day out and about; but I ended up finishing reading 'The Monkey's Mask' by Dorothy Porter; a great murder mystery written completely in verse.  A fantastic read if you want to sink your teeth into a book like that.
That night, I went out to a Logan Writers' Week event at the Logan North Library to listen to a publisher talk about Print On Demand, Kindle and e-Books.  Very interesting topic.  But my friend I went with got very sick afterwards and I had to call and ambulance for her.  By midnight, she was permitted to go home by the P.A Hospital and they found out through a blood test what was wrong with her and I walked down to my letterbox and left her house keys in it.  She was so grateful I got the carer to take her car home and cared for her house keys for her; even more so that she got to a hospital that night otherwise they wouldn't have found out what she had.

Wednesday was a shopping day for me.  I was exhausted from the night before - emotionally and physically - so I took my time and got home at around 1pm.  After that I sat on the internet all afternoon.  It was a good day as I got a book spiral in the mail and began reading the first book that afternoon of a vampire romance.
Thursday was me doing not much at all except the laundry; and was the line full!  I had clothes pegged right out to the very back fence (which is unusual for me!).  And so, I took a photo of the full line as it sagged inward with all its colourful clothes and painted pegs... and no sooner had I gone inside, the clouds scudded the sky over and cooled the day down.  I thought it was going to rain, but it didn't.
Today, it was a nice cool day again; and still cloudy.  However the rain didn't start until tonight; and it was windy, coming from the front.  So, my living room window is closed and so is my bedroom window as it's the Northly winds that are pushing the rain around.  We're supposed to be in for some thunder, but I haven't heard any yet and it's getting late.  
So, that was my week.  Interesting, fun, educational and stressful.  Four seasons in one week... much like the weather!  Until my next post, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment