Sunday, October 17, 2010

Uncle Allan's Party

It's almost midnight right now; and I'm just not tired.  So, here I am online and typing up tonight's party now.  Today was cold and windy and a great day to get some serious laundry done.  So, I got in and washed all my bedsheets and mattress protectors and pillow case protectors too.  And they dried before 3pm!  Wow!  So, once they were pulled in, I put them straight back on the bed and readied it for tonight so when I got home from Uncle Allan's house, I could crawl straight into it and go to sleep.
Well, I chose my outfit carefully of a black knitted skivvy and my blue jeans with my Doc Martens (freshly polished this arvo and relaced too).  Then, I pulled down the scarf I bought in Edinburgh to wrap around my neck and made sure I had my leather jacket and cap Mum and Dad brought home from the USA.  And thank God I took them!  After the sun went down, the wind died off and it really got cold!  It was then, I wished I had brought along the gloves that matched the jacket and cap... damn.  But we all had a good time.  There were a lot of people there we knew.  Mum got to sit next to Jan - who she hadn't seen in a long time - and Frank and I talked the night away about everything.  It was great to catch up with him.  We talked about everything from languages to music to R'n'B (not the crap that's played today, but the real R'n'B) and to books and funny things we've done and the UK.  It was really good to talk about all kinds of things.  We even talked computers.  It was good to talk about that kind of thing too.
The food was great as was the music.  There was laughter and everyone had a great time.  Uncle Allan had the best cake and Kate made some little tarts that went down well.  Then, we all had a tea or coffee before some washing up was done and us guests took off within minutes of each other as the temperature dipped again to another kind of cold... making us wish for our beds.
I've gotta get off to bed now... as the hour is getting late.  Until the next time I post, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment