Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wet Saturday

Yesterday, it poured rain here in Brisbane and it was chilly; and that's unusual for October.  Usually, it's quite warm and we've put away the Winter Woolies for another year; but not yet this year.  Anyway, I stuck around here on the net for the day as there wasn't much else to do.  I did wish to get my handwashing done, but when I didn't get around to doing it after breakfast, and it began to rain, I was kinda grateful I had been that little bit lazy.  And when it absolutely poured on and off all day, I was relieved I hadn't done it at all otherwise I would have been suck with a whole lot of wet clothes for the next three or four days.
Well, I got off the computer at around lunch time and grabbed something to eat... nothing much; just some cheesybite one biscuits and cheese.  It was lovely.  But I wanted to get some work done before too long.  So, I got into the washing up and tidied up the kitchen enough that all the pots and pans were done, the crockery too and the plates and glasses were clean as well.  It's a great relief when the kitchen is tidy enough to use again; and not messy.  
I moved onto the next place to work on while I watched the AFL  replay of the Premiership Game.  Grabbing the Windex from under the sink, I got a handful of paper towels and cleaned the glass inset of the display cabinets.  They do collect a lot of dust and dirt; even on the inside, and so I clean them once a month or so to keep them tidy.  Then, I grabbed the duster and lifted up the turntable and cleaned under that.  And then moved the stereo speaker and system itself to get the crap from under that; and did it have some dust!  If it sticking to the cabinet was a chore to get unstuck (which has been doing since I bought the silly thing), getting the dust off without the whole thing falling off the cabinet and breaking was another one!  But it's all back in one piece and working again now... no worries.  
I moved onto the tall stack of shelves next and moved the second speaker of the stereo system, my collector's edition 'Coke' glass and a 1lt 'Coke' bottle (this one I got from Cardwell in the Far North Queensland years ago when I was younger and was still working and traveling.  They still had them up there and recycled the bottles to be refilled in the smaller towns; but didn't mind if I took mine home to Brisbane to keep.  And thus, I haven't seen another like it or given this one away).  Then, I removed my pub-sized Bundaberg Rum bottle.  This is a bottle that I found at a bus stop one time and it was from behind the bar... how it came to be at the bus stop in one piece with its lid still on I don't know, but I put it in my shopping trolley (I was going shopping at the time) and ended up taking it home).  Now, it's a great conversation piece.
I dusted the television, DVD, VCR and HD box; along with the DVD speakers and sub woofer (most of which don't work and the dvd doesn't work; and neither does the remote control).  I got that all done and put everything back, found the back label of the rum bottle and then went onto the window sill and wiped that down too.  My next place was the piano, when the phone rang.  It was one of my friends who hasn't been well in the last few weeks.  I won't divulge details here; it's not right.  She's just not well and has to see some doctors about it all; but we talked for almost an hour.  So, that signaled the end my cleaning up for the afternoon; until the next time I pick up the duster.
But my day wasn't finished.  I decided to get out my art gear and work on the 'Love, Hate and Vampires' collage.  It's looking good so far.  And is going to look better soon... as I've added paint and more work to it while I watched 'Mrs. Doubtfire' on the television last night.  It's such a funny film; and I had a great time working on the collage too.  Then, I watched a show about our universe and how big it was, how old it was and how our galaxy had a massive black hole in the centre of it... but they all do... so that's how they all work they tell us.  And there was more very interesting information about how there was going to be a smaller dwarf galaxy merging with us in the next billion years and we were going to collide with another in about the same time... well, I don't think we have much to worry about.  Not a lot of us from the present will be there to see that occur.  Until my next post, take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment