Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Shopping Day and Summer On The Way.

I had a good day out today; but it was very hot.  I posted off something in the mail and had to post it off, a pet store to check out and a whole lot of shopping for All Hallow's Eve to get done.  And it was only 9:20am and the day was heating up really well; actually too well.  By the time I had left the post office, I was sweating and the sun was hot on my neck making me wish I had brought a hat or sun umbrella with me and a bottle of water.
But soon enough the bus arrived and I was at the Aldi Bus Stop and off to my first destination.  It was the pet shop I had to go to for Stevie's food in future; as Pet's Paradise had closed at K-Mart Plaza.  I found a replacement swing for her and that the food at K & B Pet Store was well-priced:  $3.95 for 1kg of Finch seed.  Not a bad price seeing I had paid $3.00 for 500g previously.
After that I headed off to Life Line and found a nice mini-skirt and a lovely shirt for around $4 - $6 each; and so I bought those and headed off to Woolworths where I got my fresh fruit.  By this time, it was around 10:15am and I had to sit down and rest; which I did outside here.  It had gotten so hot so quick, and yet the water I was drinking felt like it wasn't enough just to drink it.  I wanted to bath in it!  Everyone was feeling this way, though.
I took my time getting to K-Mart Plaza where I paid $10 off my Woodys' Layby and then bought a picture frame to put my James Galway photo into.  It's a nice one that I'm going to work on getting it done up in the next week or so.  This is going to be taken into Brisbane's Performing Arts Complex where Mum and I will see him perform again 24 years.  I'm hoping to meet him again and take a trip down memory lane with him and show him the photo and get him to sign my vinyl that started my love affair off with the flute and classical music.  
I took my time with the shopping seeing the complex was air-conditioned.  I went to the chemist and then to Coles where I do the majority of my shopping.  I didn't rush - like I normally do - and just took my time.  I mean, why would I want to rush to get back out into the heat?  Anyway, I got all the things I wanted this time around and returned home; which turned out being a lot cooler than I expected.
Well, that was my shopping day.  Little Miss Stevie is happy with what she's gotten from the pet shop, I'm happy with my purchases from Life Line and I didn't get sunburnt, but was really hot today.  Until my next post, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment