Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Slower Than....

Yep, this week began great, hot and sunny; and has turned into a slow wet week.  Monday was my day for parcels and goodies in the mail.  Yesterday was another day where I ventured out and about to see a nice dry, hot day of what the Australian Spring was supposed to look like.  It was also a great day for me to buy two Jack-O-Lantern pumpkins from Woolworths at Garden City.  And I tell ya... they're really milking the season for what it's worth!  I paid $20 each for these things when not two years ago, I paid only $7.00 or so for one at the same place.  So, I have to ask:  what's happened?  Besides a good growing season, is anything else different?  I think not.  I'm thinking it's good old-fashioned greed! And it's absolutely disgusting how they're going to take us customers for a ride about this!

Well, enough of my bell-aching about this.  Today, I woke to a cloudy day and I concluded that my leg aching on me two nights ago before I turned out the light was a correct prediction that rain was on its way.  I remember thinking it was most probably two days or so by the way it cramped up.  And last Saturday night, my Uncle's hip was playing up (the poor guy was in agony for most of the night) and so was my Dad's hip and my leg too.  All three of us were sure signs that more bad weather was on its way.
I went to the post office early today and posted off four envelopes overseas; well four more to the same places actually.  It's Label Exchange time again on Bookcrossing I thought to divvy up the rest of what I had left out of last years' lot and share them amongst the four people I was given.  So, off those envelopes went.  I hope the people like what they receive.  It may not be much, but it's something; and all I have left from labeling lately.

Today, I'm going to finish reading book one of the 'Midnight Breed' series.  It's the fastest I've read a book in a long time... and it's only taken me a little under a week!  So, I'm looking forward to reading the rest of them; there's six in the series.  It ought to be great!
But Dad doesn't understand something.  You see, I had begun a book he had given me on my birthday and had to put it to one side until I get the 'Midnight Breed' series out of the way; then I'll pick it up again.  I'm on a time limit.  I can't just say I'm reading something else which I can read any old time.  I have to read what is of importance first; then relax with my own books next, and the one he gave me is my relaxation book which I'm happy to take my time with.

Well, there's not much more to say.  It was my older brother's birthday yesterday and his Facebook was inundated with all his buddies and family wishing him a happy birthday.  We got in contact with him through chat online and skype; and then it was over.  His time was up... bummer.  Oh well, at least we know he's having a great time and there'll be wonderful stories to tell us when Kat and him get home.

Right now, it's looking grey outside and the birds are singing - a sure sign it's going to pour rain again.  I have washing up to do, the kitchen floor to clean (I don't see why I bother seeing the minute I wash it, I drop something on it!) and the lounge room to tidy up.  Otherwise, I might get in and vacuum once the sun is out again in a few days' time.  In the mean time, I'll be reading the 'Midnight Breed' Series and getting into it in a big way and review the books one by one; then as a group... before I pass them onto the next person on the list.  I can't wait to get through them and find out how it all goes and what happens next! 
Until my next post, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment