Monday, October 4, 2010

Interesting Day.

I awoke this morning to a gorgeous day outside; and I thought my wish last night had been granted!  I wanted my birthday tomorrow to be nice and fine and hot... like it always is.  Well, I got out of bed, dressed and got on with the laundry so as not to waste the day!  The Bok Choy is no longer being eaten by anything (so the beer I bought the other day is doing wonders for it) and I ate breakfast to the Triple M breakfast show with my little darling bird pecking away at her seed too.  Yep, it was going to be a great day. 

Once the laundry was all out, the washing up was mostly done, and I had checked the mail across the road and picked up the milk from the servo, I was told by some people that there was mail from here that had been stolen and ripped opened... then dropped along the pathways between the fire station and the unit complex and the next street too.  I said it always happens on school holidays, thanked them and then went and picked it all up.  There must have been around 20 lots of mail that had been opened and dumped.  I found gas accounts, Centrelink statements, bank statements, credit card bills, Superannuation Accounts (booklets and all) and registration for cars... all for people who lived in the unit complex I live in.  I was thankful that I have a PO Box and no longer trusted my mail to a street mail box.  Even though I got no mail today, there were people here who had their privacy invaded by people who didn't care about it... and if I didn't collect their mail off the ground that was spread across about 200 feet, they would never have gotten it.

Well, my day got better from there on in.  When I checked my mail online, I had gotten a $50 voucher for one of the more popular pubs in the city from Triple M!  They knew it was my birthday (okay, I told them because I'm on their Music Jury; and so they knew that way) and it has to be used this Saturday night... how cool is that?  I think it's great!

Well, this afternoon, I put on some vinyls and looked through my journals from the last year of being 36.  You see, what I do on the 4th of October is write an entry about what I've done for the year between being the previous year of my birthday and this birthday... it shows how far I've gotten in a year, how many books I may have read, what art work I'm doing who I've met, where I've been and other things of importance as well.  And so, when I turn another year older, I can begin another year of new experiences and add that to my new year of experiences... it's just how I like to remember my years.  So, my year doesn't start in January, it begins in October on my birthday.  And because my memory is one thing that isn't the best, it's one way to keep it fresh.

So, I've done that tonight... my manual journal entry was about four pages long and it covered the year between 4th October last year and 4th October this year.  A lot has happened and I've met some amazing people, been some great places and seen some fantastic things as well as done some cool stuff too.  From tomorrow onwards, it'll be a new year for me to experience something new all the time in my 37th year on Earth... :D Until my next post, take care. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    *We're moving and will let you know our new addy soon afterwards.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Naked Wombat... I appreciate it! Keep in contact. :D

    ReplyDelete