Sunday, October 31, 2010

October's Something Different!

The differences this month were big and wonderful; and a lot of it had to do with the weather.  Being October, it's supposed to be warm and muggy, but it's turned out to be a cool and wet kind of Spring.  So, I got in to some serious Spring Cleaning, beginning on the first week of this month.  I cleaned up the lounge room, dusted it, vacuumed and made it nice and tidy.  Well, I couldn't do anything else as it was pouring rain for a good part of the weekend!  So, I was stuck inside with my mess crowding me.  What else could I do?

This month was also a different kinda month because I had my birthday.  I prepare for it in what some people think is a strange kind of way.  I write a journal entry in my manual journal on the day before about what I've done and who I've met over the year of being my age; to see what I've achieved, what books I've read and who I've met (if anyone) of importance.  Seeing my memory isn't the best, I think it's the best way to keep it going.
I had a great day though.  I received a $50 book voucher from a wonderful friend (Nick Allott) in the mail, a $50 music voucher from my brother for Rockaways music at Springwood, Mum took me out to lunch at Runcorn Tavern, we sussed out a new home theatre system and we bought some skin care products and other goodies too. 
By the 10th, October, I had tidied up the house completely.  What was beginning to take me over a year to tidy up, only took me a few days out of sheer boredom due to the weather becoming sour on us.  We had had a storm one night and then it just poured rain for almost a week!  So, we were stuck inside again with nothing to do.  So, I cleaned up - and cleaned out - the whole house and it was nice and tidy for about a week or so.  Well, until I used the place again.
On 9th, October, we went out Gabe & Kat's house to celebrate Gabe's and Riley's birthdays together.  Gabe made home made pizza as music played on the stereo while Riley and I stuffed around on the net and Mum, Kat and Dad talked to Gabe too.  It was really cool.  The dinner was great, I gave Gabe his gift of a Jeff Beck vinyl from 1967-68 and he was stoked!  It's titled 'Truth' and Gabe said it was something he's been dying to find and play ... so it looks like he'll be getting out his turntable from storage and hooking it up.

On 16th, October, we went to Uncle Allan's birthday party.  It was so much fun; but freezing cold! So we all rugged up and tried to keep warm, but as the sun went down and wind died down, the chill really hit us.  We were all grateful for the hot food and coffee and tea that was available later on in the night.  However, I had coffee and I was up until all hours.
But that wasn't all, when I had just posted on here, shuffled off to bed and was about to get to sleep, somebody's car horn blared us all out of bed.  Not just a beep-beep sound... one long continuous blare for about 3 minutes!  It drove everyone nuts.  And if that wasn't bad enough, my next door neighbours were up at 6:45am moving their cars around, pulling the trailer out of the back yard and mowing the law by 7am while we were all trying to sleep in.  It was so inconsiderate of her... she slammed all the doors on the place and the cars too.  

Over the last two weeks, I've been getting my nose into my very first book spiral on Bookcrossing and so far - out of 6 books - I've read almost three of them.  I'm zooming through the books so fast it's amazing!  It's a brilliant series and I can't wait until I pick up the book again.  Yesterday I was at the Logan Art Gallery alone (which normally I would have been bummed about) but I thought it would give me time to read more of the third book because there's nobody there with me... strange that.  So, I read about 60 pages of that book!  Wow!  How weird of me; normally, I'm flat out reading 30 pages of a book in public; I'm so self-conscious about how long I sit for in public when I'm reading and how much I concentrate on a book.  But not yesterday.

I've begun looking into getting the house ready for tonight for Halloween.  The two pumpkins are carved, lollies are ready, my costume is aired out and I'm hoping the weather holds for tonight.  I've yet to put a skull on my front screen door, tea candles along the window sill outside and work on decorating inside too.  Otherwise, most of it is done.  I'll be taking photos as usual.  

Until next time, this is my post of something different in my month of October.  What have you done that's outside the square? Until my next post, take care.

1 comment:

  1. Well .... how interesting! I've read all your Big Tidy Up blogs .... can picture the scenes ... and it has given inspiration for me to get going with my end here. Maybe start with the kitchen this morning! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete