Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday; and what a day!  However, I didn't write about it on the day as it was such a long day.  So, here I am telling you guys about it now.  
I started my day out on here - as usual - checking my mail and uploading a photo onto 365 Project and just pretty much stuffing around on my Facebook and wondering what was going to be happening for my day.  I knew lunch was going to be on the card; but I didn't know where I was going.  I got a phone call from Mum and she said we were going to the Runcorn Tavern.  So, seeing I was mostly ready, I just had to put on my make-up and get my bag packed.  And soon, I was out the front waiting.  
Runcorn Tavern isn't far from where I first moved to live with my first boyfriend when I was 24.  But it's a very new place; and doesn't look like a pub.  The food was fantastic and the place was very comfortable.  However, I found the coffee wasn't great.  Oh well, you can't win them all.  
I received a phone call from my brother before I left the unit and he said that he was being reminded about my birthday every time he wrote the date down and then he looked at his mobile and he said: "That's it, I'm calling my sister.  It's her birthday.  I'm not missing it." It was so good to hear from him and hear the funny story about it.  That morning, I received an SMS from his girlfriend, Kat, and after lunch I got one from Aunty Helen (who wrote out the whole birthday song with the 'hip, hooray at the end!  Then a personal message!  Wow... that was long SMS!).  I showed Mum when she was finished at the pokies and gotten herself a mocha. 
After she finished that, we headed off back to my place to lock it up and cover my Bok Choy so the possums don't get to it.  Little Miss Stevie was so pleased to see me... I gave her cuddle and she blew me little kisses and nibbles while I was here.  Then, I put her back inside her cage and she was happy for a few hours.  I closed up the curtains, covered the Bok Choy, got changed and made sure I had everything for dinner (mainly my medications) and then headed off with Mum.  But before that, I noticed I had gotten a message on my answering machine from Rockaways (this is a shop I purchase a lot of my vinyls from).  The store manager - Scott - said that my brother, Gabe, wanted to wish me a very happy birthday and that there was a $50 music voucher there for me to pick up!  What a brother!  
Anyway, I guess you're all wondering what I got for my birthday... okay, here's the list:

A tiny 4GB USB - Hot Pink
Normal sized 4GB USb - Dark Blue
Battery Recharger with 4 Double A batteries
2GB SD Memory Card for my camera
$50 Rockaways Gift Voucher
$50 Gift Voucher to the Normanby Hotel from Triple M
$50 QBD Gift Voucher (a book store)
A book title:  'The Riders' War: Battle For Today' by M A Clarke.  It's a signed edition my Dad bought for me.  Thank you Dad, I really love it and will read it soon.

In a parcel I received from the UK:
a beautiful notebook covered in butterflies
a green coin purse with cats on it
a 7 tissue container with the London Underground on one side and 'Blues' on the other.

They are my pressies.  I love them all and the people they came from.  I had a wonderful day - and night - and was very tired from it all last night.  I'm still a bit tired today.  I'm looking forward to getting a new Sony Home Theatre from WOW to replace my old, broken one (I haven't seen a movie on dvd for almost a month!  It's horrible to have all the dvds in that cabinet and yet nothing to play them on!).  Well, that's all for now.  Until my next post, take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment