Friday, October 22, 2010

End of the Week...

Well, the sun's out and I've got laundry on the line.  Yep, it's the end of another week; and they say it's going to rain all weekend.  That'd be right, just when I want to get out in the yard and pull out all the horrible weeds, it'll pour.

Otherwise, I don't mind the rain.  It'll give me time to get into my most recent vampire romance series I've been sent through Bookcrossing.  It's a 6-book series and I've knocked over book one in a little over a week; and now I'm plowing through book two at 30 - 40 pages in one sitting.  So, I'm going well!  So far this year, I've read 14 books, and out of those books, I've only put down 4 unfinished.  Now, that's not too bad.  Seeing this vampire series is a good one, I'm only too glad to be able to get through it.
Not only that, today is my niece's 11th birthday.  I phoned her at 7am this morning and wished her a happy birthday at her Mum's house and she was thrilled to hear from me!  I said that I sent her gift through Facebook, but I will be sending her a cool gift through the mail early next week; with express mail.  She's so excited about that.  I'm looking forward to getting it to her as I know what I'm going to buy her and have had my eye on it for some time.  I'm also going to include some cool little rings and bracelets one of my friends sent me from up the coast too.
 And speaking of friends, another friend is having a birthday next week.  My Bookcrossing Birthday Buddy's parcel was sent off to her today full of books.  One lot was a trilogy I just can't get into; so I don't see why I should let it gather dust on my bookshelves.  And then there's two paranormal romances I thought she'd enjoy (no not vampire romance; they're something else).  I included a few bookmarks and other goodies too with a lovely card.
Anyway, I've been busily washing up, doing laundry, tidying up and making the bed lately; trying to keep the house the way it was last Monday or so.  It's hard when you're not used to house-keeping.  But seeing I've cleaned out most of the place, it's just a matter of keeping a lot of the stuff off the floor and hanging up my laundry when it's all done.  Otherwise, I'm going well!  Most of my bad habits are being replaced by good ones; and that's all it takes really.

This morning, I hammered up some palings of my fence, fed, Little Miss Stevie, put on the laundry and washed up a bit from last night and wiped down the counter before making breakfast.  The two pumpkins that are for Halloween are on the top of the fridge where a plate normally is.  I'm just having a hard time trying figure out where to put the darn plate... I'll find a place for the next week.  And that week will flash by quickly.  Quicker than I can imagine seeing I've got Halloween to organise for, the house to do up, the lollies to organise and my costume to air out from the wardrobe as well as my make up to sort out too... I really need new black lipstick as the one I have cakes up on me and looks terrible.  
Well, that's all from me for now.  I'll keep you all up to date with what's going on my life right up until All Hallow's Eve.  I was going to go to a Samhain art exhibition in Fortitude Valley, but I think dressing up in Goth clothes and going there will be a bad idea; it's just too dangerous.  It's best if I keep my Halloween celebrations around here and that's it.
Until my next post, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment